F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > **Confirmed!! Enhanced Bluetooth w/ BIMMERCODE
ARMA SPEED

06-14-2022, 12:15 PM   #111
F36Vader
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNjA_ View Post
Hello,

I ended up having to replace my Head Unit as original one would not turn on anymore (it was confirmed that it got bricked, after I followed those steps which clearly did not work: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=32).

I got a professional coder who then tried to flash the new Head Unit to my VIN but the Navigation and Voice Commands do not work anymore.
Sorry for your loss!

I'm wondering I already have bt music and can connect multiple phone (1 music 1 calls), however I have never enabled this option before.

Wondering if I already have the enhanced bt turned on by factory or what will this do once I enable it?

Car is a 2015 f36 fully loaded with nbt evo

Thanks

2015 435i xDrive Gran Coupe - Black Sapphire, M Sport, MPPK, MPE
RIP; 2015 C63 AMG Coupe - Obsidian Black, 507 Edition
RIP; 2009 335i Sedan - Titanium Silver, Sport pkg, Premium pkg, FBO
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 06:04 AM   #112
Kingb4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20D XLine

Thanks Tchao
I have a 2015 X1 (E84) - was able to use your instructions to get the Bluetooth audio streaming to work on my car.....(first time using Bimmercode)....
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 04:11 PM   #113
catarina919
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Replacement combox

I had to replace the combox in my F30 when the original box failed. The new one is the same Harmon model as the original. I'm (newly) familiar with Bimmercode but can't figure out how to get the new combox set up. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 01:56 AM   #114
jimwin
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30, Mini Cooper D

I've recently bought an ODB2 adapter and Bimmerlink to replace my battery, which went great.
I'm thinking of enabling EBT (I have CIC headunit and combox in the boot) and I'm wondering if these items are still required? Bimmercode is giving me 2 options to enable streaming without going into Expert Mode. Should I just enable bluetooth audio streaming (1 of 2) on the headunit and bluetooth audio streaming (1 of 2) on the combox, or do I need to go into Expert mode and update the settings manually?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 09:01 AM   #115
thatgarrett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [8.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwin View Post
I've recently bought an ODB2 adapter and Bimmerlink to replace my battery, which went great.
I'm thinking of enabling EBT (I have CIC headunit and combox in the boot) and I'm wondering if these items are still required? Bimmercode is giving me 2 options to enable streaming without going into Expert Mode. Should I just enable bluetooth audio streaming (1 of 2) on the headunit and bluetooth audio streaming (1 of 2) on the combox, or do I need to go into Expert mode and update the settings manually?
Those will do just fine, I had the same setup and coded things in with the shortcuts you mentioned. It is worth going into the settings to code on BMW Office (text messages on iDrive) and USB album art though, both are pretty easy to do and while I don’t use USB very often I do use the Office functionality a lot
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 09:17 AM   #116
jimwin
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgarrett View Post
Those will do just fine, I had the same setup and coded things in with the shortcuts you mentioned. It is worth going into the settings to code on BMW Office (text messages on iDrive) and USB album art though, both are pretty easy to do and while I don’t use USB very often I do use the Office functionality a lot
Thanks for responding thatgarrett, that's just what I needed to know!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 02:12 AM   #117
jimwin
Registered
Rep

Quick update, I did this over Christmas, and enabling both of the bluetooth audio streaming options resulted in the "Please Wait" issue.
I resolved this by disabling the BT_MODUL_ON_OFF as mentioned before.
Strange that the built-in option in BimmerCode doesn't do this!
Now I have bluetooth streaming working.

Not sure about the album art when using USB. What screen should this appear on? I can't see a screen that shows the current playing track, only the current playlist or folder?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 06:34 PM   #118
LuxBim
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Luxury Line

wunit

Quote:
Quick update, I did this over Christmas, and enabling both of the bluetooth audio streaming options resulted in the "Please Wait" issue.

Not sure about the album art when using USB. What screen should this appear on? I can't see a screen that shows the current playing track, only the current playlist or folder?
Hi! what is your head unit? ive just got the Bluetooth (audio) function anabled via bimmercode, but have the please wait screen, and i followed the original post
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 10:38 AM   #119
BBGunOcelot
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D M Sport F30

Quote:

This is exactly what worked for me today as well. Turning off BT_MODUL_ON_OFF in advanced after turning on the 2 BT Audio options in simple mode on BimmerCode.

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0