BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-05-2024, 05:09 PM   #1
Masay
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Low beam / high beam issue.

Hello!

After peaking and reading for a while, this is my first post as I couldn’t find any definite answer.

So I need your help with the diag here:
1. When I bought the car a few months ago (2008 135i, 88k miles) I had no high beam working (the blue light on the dash still shows up) but no codes. Plus I had the following codes: 9CC5 and 9CC6, which seems to be the heater for both side mirrors.
2. After some time, the Left low beam started acting up, on and off, with the associated code A8AA.
3. Now, I lost both sides low beam. Daytime angel eyes are still working. I don’t know exactly when it went off, but directional lights are not working neither. I do not see any condensation in the light assembly.

What are your thoughts? Should I spend the time to try new xenon bulb and new ballast, or go straight to repairing the FRM module?

I should have tried switching left / right bulb & ballast while the right side was still working, but I have been busy fixing other issues.

Obviously the bulb and ballast won’t solve the mirror heater issue (which to be honest I don’t care much), but I wanted to mention it as I understand they are also controlled by the FRM module and I find suspicious that they are both out.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Masay; 05-05-2024 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0