02-03-2021, 01:54 AM   #1
meisser79
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 35D

Egr Delete

Hi all,
I'm looking for a good quality egr kit for my 2015 f15. I've read numerous posts and looked at a crazy amount of videos, but can't find an f15 specific video.
Also I'm wondering what people have had the most success with? What brand. I live in Canada so something I can get here would be ideal.

Also to code the egr out what is the process? What are people using?

And lastly, does the egr Delete clogg up the DPF faster, or are you finding it about the same?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 08:24 AM   #2
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Theres no need to delete the EGR with the F15, all thats needed is disabling it as the valves will close up once disabled and close off the system. I cant speak to if it clogs anything any faster, but it shouldn't.

DUDMD offers a stage1 tune that disables the EGR and keeps the rest of the OEM exhaust system in tact (just be sure to mention it to Dimitry, he usually asks tho). Others like JR and Malone probably have the same option, but I can't say for sure as I haven't had their tunes.

If you want an entire delete then TuneMyEuro offers a F15 kit and those parts are made from maple syrup and hockey pucks. I have their delete and the DUDMD stage 2 tune, no complaints.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #3
meisser79
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2one8 View Post
Theres no need to delete the EGR with the F15, all thats needed is disabling it as the valves will close up once disabled and close off the system. I cant speak to if it clogs anything any faster, but it shouldn't.

DUDMD offers a stage1 tune that disables the EGR and keeps the rest of the OEM exhaust system in tact (just be sure to mention it to Dimitry, he usually asks tho). Others like JR and Malone probably have the same option, but I can't say for sure as I haven't had their tunes.

If you want an entire delete then TuneMyEuro offers a F15 kit and those parts are made from maple syrup and hockey pucks. I have their delete and the DUDMD stage 2 tune, no complaints.
Maple syrup and Hockey pucks! Awesome, built tough then right!

I'll look into the electrical delete, any advantage to removing the egr and cooler, or just a waist of time?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 10:34 AM   #4
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisser79 View Post
Maple syrup and Hockey pucks! Awesome, built tough then right!

I'll look into the electrical delete, any advantage to removing the egr and cooler, or just a waist of time?
No real benefit unless you're looking to shave every ounce you can or looking to open up space in the engine bay. If you really want to remove everything I believe the euro 30d EGR deletes will work, but again, I can't confirm.

Sounds like you want to retain the OEM exhaust but I thought I should rephrase what I said before, the delete from TuneMyEuro comes with SCR and DPF delete pipes, but keeps the EGR intact since most just disable it. You can order the mid-pipe with an optional DOC to help with diesel smell. TuneMyEuro is out of Cali or Washington IIRC, but they source out the products and shipped from Canada.

The N57 in the F15 was a big improvement over the M57 in the E70 as far as carbon buildup goes. Thats why you wont find much in regards to EGR deletes, carbon cleaning, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 11:42 AM   #5
meisser79
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Thanks, so in your opinion is the EGR delete useful for the n57 engine? I do oil changes every 6000km and use good synthetic oil.

The vehicle has 160,000 km on it and Im sure the previous owner never did do a carbon clean in the intake.

Ill do the DPF delete in the next year, but as you said i really don't want the smell associated with that, I have two young kids, and I don't want the smell!

Thanks for your help!

JM
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #6
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Disabling the EGR is a must IMO, but actually removing the components isnt really needed.

At 160km/100mi it probably wouldnt hurt to get a carbon cleaning done, maybe plan it for the same time you do a DPF delete. It's unlikely you will see buildup like the E70 or 335i guys do. I'm going to knock mine out next winter at around 70k miles, but I don't have any suspicion that it needs it, its more of a preventative maintenance thing. It will be coming out a year long storage so I'm doing all sorts of maintenance things on it.

Regarding the smell after a delete, mine isnt bad honestly and I opted to not get the DOC. I smell it outside mostly after a cold startup, and every now and then if the wind is blowing everything back towards the cab I might smell a little at a stoplight, but when driving theres no smell at all. The DOC will cut that out substantially. TuneMyEuro offers an upgrade if you didnt get the DOC, you can pay and upgrade fee, receive the new pipe with DOC and send your old pipe back, and once they receive the old pipe they refund you a portion of the upgrade fee.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 05:34 PM   #7
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

What is wrong with this thread:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1525210&page=7
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 03:25 AM   #8
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

What about the smell going to the cars behind? Pedestrians, people riding bicycles?

How about diverting the exhaust pipe inside your cabin?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 11:37 AM   #9
Twilight138
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35D Sport

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co....elete-kit.html

Here's the egr delete kit I bought for 17 F15. I did the egr delete, DPF delete with a high flow CAT for the smell and disabled my SCR
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 03:20 PM   #10
devlinsky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 M50d / ex E90 335i / Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinP View Post
What about the smell going to the cars behind? Pedestrians, people riding bicycles?

How about diverting the exhaust pipe inside your cabin?
Couldn't agree more here.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 02:14 PM   #11
atwal187
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 335d e90 2009

You should 110% physically delete the EGR. You do not want the coolers ever cracking and leaking coolant and mixing in with your oil. If your already halfway there just delete it. Plus it clears up engine space so it will make it easier to work on your motor.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2021, 04:06 PM   #12
AtilaHan15
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5 xDrive35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post

Can you please tell me how did you find dudmd stage 2 for f15? I see only stage 1 at their website? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #13
atwal187
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 335d e90 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtilaHan15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post

Can you please tell me how did you find dudmd stage 2 for f15? I see only stage 1 at their website? Thanks
DUDMD does not offer stage 2 off-road delete anymore. Only stage 1 with factory emissions intact
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 08:37 AM   #14
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Look… anyone that wants to delete EGR, go on Facebook and join the BMW Diesel Community.

-They will tell you how to do it..
-That's their law of the land..
-Everyone will jump on your post to tell you how to do it..
-It's the only way to be respected in that group..

🤣
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #15
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
Look… anyone that wants to delete EGR, go on Facebook and join the BMW Diesel Community.

-That's their law of the law..

🤣
Sounds like these guys got very particular set of skills, they will find you and they will EGR delete you!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 10:56 AM   #16
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post

-That's their law of the law..

🤣
Sounds like these guys got very particular set of skills, they will find you and they will EGR delete you!
They literally complain about anyone who asks a question about EGR stuff.

There is a no shit thread where they were complaining and asking the Admins to boot anyone who was not ABC deleted… no joke! They went on about how great the group was before they began letting in Non-Deleted members.

That is the reason I left that group, straight up childish! I am not a tree hugging hippie, but I do run a big oil catch can that does catch 90-95% of those oil vapors and my intake manifold is not reporting heavy soot restrictions at almost 100k🤷🏽, rather than do an ABC delete. I care about your lungs RED_Y_… I care about everyone's lungs in here 🤣🤣🤣🤷🏽
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #17
AtilaHan15
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5 xDrive35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwal187 View Post
DUDMD does not offer stage 2 off-road delete anymore. Only stage 1 with factory emissions intact
What a boomer. I thought to get their tune but they don't even want to disable egr no more... Some other decent tuner who's willing to do that?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 02:37 PM   #18
KnudsonM3
MAGA
Rep
Drives: 99 M3, F15, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtilaHan15 View Post
What a boomer. I thought to get their tune but they don't even want to disable egr no more... Some other decent tuner who's willing to do that?
Any tunes that will only disable EGR?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 09:39 AM   #19
mig25
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 F15 35D

EGR Delete

I know this thread is quite old, but I did not want to start a new one.
I have a 2014 X5 35D F15 I will remove the EGR and EGR cooler as well as the SRC metering valve. I bought a delete kit for it.

My Question is. What is the cheapest way to trick the ECU not to get a check engine line.
I know there is tuning, but I cant afford tuning right now. So I was wondering what are my options other than tuning not to get a check engine light.
      01-23-2024, 01:58 AM   #20
x5d4me
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig25 View Post
I know this thread is quite old, but I did not want to start a new one.
I have a 2014 X5 35D F15 I will remove the EGR and EGR cooler as well as the SRC metering valve. I bought a delete kit for it.

My Question is. What is the cheapest way to trick the ECU not to get a check engine line.
I know there is tuning, but I cant afford tuning right now. So I was wondering what are my options other than tuning not to get a check engine light.
Which kit did u get? Darkside has an egr kit but has more components than the bimmertune egr kit
Supposedly n57 comes with second oil cooler
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 07:39 PM   #21
Maryan425
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

mig25 I recently went through the whole ordeal on my own x5 due to it having problems with the SCR and at the same time developing a chain rattle. Ended up being a hefty bill but well worth it. I would skip on the darkside kit for the EGR as they dont provide on crucial 90 degree elbow for the coolant pipes. I would contact Kassel performance. Would've saved some time and money had I just gone to them for all the parts. They provided the bimmertune egr delete kit with the rest of the proper components for it to work well. Also, went with their tune and everything is running in great shape. Highly recommend them, they are super knowledgeable with all things related to the diesels.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 09:47 AM   #22
mig25
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5d4me View Post
Which kit did u get? Darkside has an egr kit but has more components than the bimmertune egr kit
Supposedly n57 comes with second oil cooler

I bought this kit here but I have not yet installed it. Right now I still have a egr cooler performance issue causing check engine light to be on, as well as leaky SRC metering valve by the exhaust.

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co....elete-kit.html