F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Weird behaviour from my mirror turn signals
ARMA SPEED

07-12-2023, 03:20 PM   #1
sirumcz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Weird behaviour from my mirror turn signals

Hi all forum members, I ran into an issue with my mirror turn signals.

A little background to my issue is that I tried to install a set of Chinese-made LCI style LED headlights for my 2017 Pre-LCI F36. The seller has sent out someone in China to remote code my car, and it wasn't successful due to some required rewiring work wasn't done on my car which was informed to me later. So I decided to not install these and swapped my old Adaptive Xenons back.

However, some of the coding work was already done to my car, and I noticed an issue with the mirror turn signals, that is it will not work when the low beam is activated. However, the mirror turn signals work (it still flashes) when I unlock the car the first day in the morning, so I did a test and found out the signal will always work when the low beam has not been activated. it only stopped working immediately when I activate the low beam, either by turning the physical knob or activated by auto-mode. In addition, once the low beam has been activated once, no matter which position I switch the headlight to, the mirror turn signal will not work until ECU has been restarted (like after idle for a long period). Another weird thing I noticed is that when the headlights are in parking lamps, the mirror turn signal will still work if I manually turn on the high beam.

The seller said that the team in China only cleared out the error codes, did LED conversion, and disabled the Adaptive function. By using Bimmercode, I verified that the LED conversions are activated, and the AFS function was turned off (I turned it back on after some searches online, and is working as intended). No errors are showing on the dash or i-drive.

What could be the root cause of this weird issue? I don't think it is physical damage since no wires were touched during the installation and the fact that mirror turn signals do work when the low beam is not activated. So I feel this is some coding issue, like some conflict value in some sections? I don't seem to find any similar problems anywhere, nor do I find much information on the codings for mirror turn signals, so discussions are welcome, any help or idea is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 08:43 PM   #2
sirumcz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Okay, I managed to resolve this issue. The problem is definitely caused by some incorrect values coded on some variables by the guy from the seller. Once I reset FEM to factory values, the problem is gone.
Appreciate 1
Wires1663.00