BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

04-07-2024, 10:09 AM   #1
luka.rakic96
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 530D

Exclamation 530D E60 2007 (not LCI) Bluetooth problem

Hi all,
I have a bit of a headache problem and it's my fault 100%. I didn't like that my car wasn't equipped with cupholders at the front seats so I've ordered cup holders for the central console under the armrest. When that cup holder came, I wanted to put it ASAP and needed to remove the phone from the arm rest and supposed to disconnect the wires behind the air vents but instead I've cut them with pliers while the car was still on (dumb I know). Next time I've turned on the car, I've got SOS fault. I've put my scanner through the OBD, and checked the codes using BimmerLink and Bimmer-Tool-Expert and these are the codes I'm getting:

Instrument cluster
1 error
A554: Alive phone

Gateway
1 error
E18D: Awakening device has 3 times unsuccessfully tried to wake up the network.
(Error_WakeUp_Failed).

Since then just the Bluetooth is not working everything else is working properly. I've welded the wires that I've cut-off from the phone, error is still there and Bluetooth is not working. I've ordered a new phone, no results, I've ordered a new Bluetooth module that is located on the left side in the trunk (boot, however) , no results. Now I'm about to disconnect the battery and leave it like that for couple of hrs to see if that will help, but in the meantime, I wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem. I'm assuming it's the CCC unit itself now.... Any toughts?
Appreciate 0