E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 29f3

05-04-2024, 11:27 PM   #1
e90.sleepy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i xDrive

Hey, hope everyone is well.

So I’ve been reading a bunch of other post about this code. The infamous 29f3. Also I seem to already know the answer but just want to check in with others and get some feedback.

This is my first BMW platform welp second. But first official bmw where I actually am doing all the work, etc. so I recently bought a 2009 BMW 335i xdrive. Loving it. I did a bunch of the PM.
Vanos, Valve Cover and Gasket. Water Pump, thermostat, Radiator. Spark Plugs, Coils, both OFHG, CSF Radiator.

So my HPFP recently went, so while I was at it I replaced it with a brand new one and also replaced the High and Low Pressure fuel sensor. After doing so the car ran pretty good for the last few days. Full of excitement I took the car for a little “spirited” driving after doing a few not too serious of pulls, got a Engine Malfunction. Was trying to figure it out and then saw that I had almost no gas. so this had caused me to get a few codes that I ended up clearing after filling up but here is my second mistake. I kinda of over pumped gas into car. Probably added another $0.50. Literally right after this all codes cleared but car started to produce such STRONG gas fumes. And the only fault code I’m getting is 29f3 cleared it multiple times checked to make sure all connections were good, removed it and cleaned it up. Unplugged batter overnight. I did everything. I’m hesitant on gettting a replacement as I would have to wait till middle of June for part to get delivered. Also I do have lifetime warranty on the part, so I’ll do it when the time comes. Will be replacing it with a used part from a part out for now, hopefully this will fix it. I’ll keep yah updated on this.

Too add to it, I also noticed that my car has a very minor shake to it, and on cold start car hovers slightly over the 1k mark and after 30 seconds maybe 1 minute, it’ll go back to normal under 1k. Around 500.

Don’t think this is a major thing, just thought I’d put it out there too see if I might be wrong.

I use MHD for code reading.

has anyone had issues with Bavarian Autosports. As this is where I get my Low Pressure Fuel Sensor (LPS). Sorry for the lengthy post. Just thought I’d give a quick back story to get to the point
Appreciate 0