E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Retrofit Eject Box for iPhone Integration

12-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
nick19414
Rep
Drives: Car

Retrofit Eject Box for iPhone Integration

So I've been having a bit of trouble discerning fact from fiction here and so far I've found few things that help.

I have an 07 328xi with the premium package, but no snap-in pieces in the center console. I recently found this:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-328...one/ES2498862/

and was wondering if it can be installed in the car to allow for iPhone charging AND, most importantly, whether it can be used to play music from the phone? The aux cable just isn't cutting it on the quality and there's no USB...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

That should work, then you need the special phone adapter for your specific phone which will connect to that box. That box connects to the power and antenna connection under your console near the shifter. Look in the DIY section there are instructions.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
sricca
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi

This is what I did

I love the snap in adapter for the Iphone5. My e90 is a 335xi 2011 early build so it does not have the combox. But I do want the iPhone when snapped in to connect to the I drive. We'll this was a problem because the only retrofit without the combox is for charging only no music at all. I do have the USB port with that stupid y cable to 30 pin.

I bought an apple lightning to 30 pin cable ( not the small adapter but the 8 inch long cable) then I bought the cheapest snap in for iPhone 5 ( it cost about $115) I then took the snap in adapter apart and retrofitted the end from the lightning adapter in place where bmw plug is. This was not easy to get it to sit in the exact spot but when it was all good some hot glue and some epoxy glue did the job. I did not bother with any other parts. I glued the snap in adapter to the tray in the console with the pigtail sticking down from a hole cut in tray. Then I removed the USB port and hide the wires underneath the console. I now have a snap in adapter for my non combox e90 that will connect to the UBS port ( with the y cable hidden) . Looks clean and functions . If you do not have a USB port then you can get a 30 pin to audio plus charger . Not as good because you will have to open the console to change music
Appreciate 0