F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Connected drive booked services
ARMA SPEED

10-15-2023, 11:08 AM   #1
CHRISPSA-1
Enlisted Member
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 30d xdrive M sport

Connected drive booked services

Does anyone knows if booked services are transferable to the new owner of the vehicle in case you sell your car or in case you change your BMW ID for some reason ?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 03:27 AM   #2
lizwildman
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda CB1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISPSA-1 View Post
Does anyone knows if booked services are transferable to the new owner of the vehicle in case you sell your car or in case you change your BMW ID for some reason ?
Yes, in most cases, factory new car warranties are transferable to the new owner of the vehicle. This is because the warranty is tied to the vehicle identification number (VIN) and not the owner. Therefore, regardless of ownership, the new car warranty will be valid for the entire warranty term.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 06:35 AM   #3
CHRISPSA-1
Enlisted Member
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwildman View Post

Yes, in most cases, factory new car warranties are transferable to the new owner of the vehicle. This is because the warranty is tied to the vehicle identification number (VIN) and not the owner. Therefore, regardless of ownership, the new car warranty will be valid for the entire warranty term.
Thank you for your answer.My question is if services of the connected drive (BMW Drive Recorder,map updates etc) are transferable to the new owner.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 07:54 AM   #4
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

All of the original warranty and maintenance services will automatically transfer to a new owner. If you purchased a BMW maintenance or warranty extension (Ultimate +1, Tire and Wheel, etc.) it may require a nominal service fee to transfer it to a new owner, but it is usually transferable.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 03:55 AM   #5
CHRISPSA-1
Enlisted Member
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
All of the original warranty and maintenance services will automatically transfer to a new owner. If you purchased a BMW maintenance or warranty extension (Ultimate +1, Tire and Wheel, etc.) it may require a nominal service fee to transfer it to a new owner, but it is usually transferable.
Thank you for your reply but my question is about BMW ConnectedDrive services.
In Europe the BMW ConnectedDrive Store lets you equip your BMW with exclusive upgrades,extend your digital services,and more.All these services bought on line from BMW ConnectedDrive Store are transferable to the new owner if you sell your car ?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 04:03 AM   #6
Jolbex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

Twilight zone??
I lost connected services as a new owner of used car. Bought in DE(Eu) and brought to SI(Eu). Once i changed the ID i lost SOME of the functions. Im not aware of all the functions i have lost (it happened before i fully explored the car) but i have lost some of the driving modes (which came a surprise - didnt know it was a connected services thing)...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 05:58 AM   #7
CHRISPSA-1
Enlisted Member
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolbex View Post
Twilight zone??
I lost connected services as a new owner of used car. Bought in DE(Eu) and brought to SI(Eu). Once i changed the ID i lost SOME of the functions. Im not aware of all the functions i have lost (it happened before i fully explored the car) but i have lost some of the driving modes (which came a surprise - didnt know it was a connected services thing)...
Something similar happened to me.I bought on line from UK ConnectedDrive Store the digital service BMW DRIVE RECORDER for £199.00 for unlimited time but when i changed my BMW ID(email adress) i lost it.I think is not fair and BMW has to find how to handle these situation and leave their clients happy.Personally i feel very bad because i paid almost £200.00 for an upgrade of my car and i don't have it now because i changed my BMW ID.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 06:09 AM   #8
lnlyssg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

I'm in the UK and bought a 2019 car a few months ago. It came with both safety camera and Connected Booster packages active, the former expires in January and the latter runs out in December.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 06:39 AM   #9
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
In my experience, the ConnectedDrive services go with the VIN, not the BMW ID.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 06:44 AM   #10
CHRISPSA-1
Enlisted Member
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
In my experience, the ConnectedDrive services go with the VIN, not the BMW ID.
That is the normal but unfortunately in my case doesn't valid.I conducted several times the UK ConnecedDrive team presenting the purchage/payment document but they refuse to do anything.I am sure that in their record somewhere is recorded that for that for my car VIN which is unique for my car the digital service BMW Drive recorder has been bought for unlimited time .Also i am sure that there is a way to activate it again..

Last edited by CHRISPSA-1; 10-19-2023 at 07:17 AM..
Appreciate 0