E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 25d n57 fault codes

04-17-2024, 05:29 PM   #1
Bregge
Rep
Drives: E90 325d lci

25d n57 fault codes

Hello,

These fault codes were pulled up.
I am driving like this for quite a time already. At first I went for a walnut blast, included with cleaning the EGR. That didn't work. After that the EGR valve got replaced. (Nothing electrical got replaced)

The car is driving great, but getting tired of seeing the engine light. My battery is due to be replaced, and once a month the car drops dead at a stop light (losing rpm slowly while dropping to 0) I can restart car and move immediately.

What would be worth something to look at?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 01:37 PM   #2
Andy198712
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 325d

So the egr valve got replaced? The one at the engine end attached to the cooler? Or ?

I ask because I had some of those egr codes and replacing it fixed it. And our egr is electrical

It was the shaft,cam, hook assembly drying up and causing position errors. Lubing it helped for a month at a time.

The new OEM one came lubed with a white grease.

Alot of those point to EGR don’t they.

These cars do seem to hate a weak battery. Before spending money else where I’d do the battery and see
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 10:57 AM   #3
Bregge
Rep
Drives: E90 325d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy198712 View Post
So the egr valve got replaced? The one at the engine end attached to the cooler? Or ?

I ask because I had some of those egr codes and replacing it fixed it. And our egr is electrical

It was the shaft,cam, hook assembly drying up and causing position errors. Lubing it helped for a month at a time.

The new OEM one came lubed with a white grease.

Alot of those point to EGR don’t they.

These cars do seem to hate a weak battery. Before spending money else where I’d do the battery and see
Exactly, part number 11717810871. It was not OEM replaced. The errors reappeared within a day.
Appreciate 0