F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Uk bmw orders 2022
proTUNING Freaks

03-28-2022, 03:15 PM   #1
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F30

Uk bmw orders 2022

Hey all, thought with all of the challenged currently going on globally, affecting the delays with vehicle production I'd create a post specifically for updates with BMW Orders, specifically UK.

I ordered a BMW 2 Series M Sport GC on 17th March 2022 and have been told 6-9 months, to date I have not received anything more specific.

Wondering if there's anyone else currently in the same situation, or who's had theirs delayed?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 03:22 PM   #2
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBudgie View Post
Hey all, thought with all of the challenged currently going on globally, affecting the delays with vehicle production I'd create a post specifically for updates with BMW Orders, specifically UK.

I ordered a BMW 2 Series M Sport GC on 17th March 2022 and have been told 6-9 months, to date I have not received anything more specific.

Wondering if there's anyone else currently in the same situation, or who's had theirs delayed?
Did you get an allocation? Probably not, so I'd check where you are in the order bank
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:03 PM   #3
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

I would say try calling all the dealers you can reach and see if you can get an allocation. It really varies dealer by dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:26 PM   #4
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
I would say try calling all the dealers you can reach and see if you can get an allocation. It really varies dealer by dealer.
I've gone with BMW Park Lane in London? So I assume just email them and ask? It's only been 2 weeks so not sure if I'm just being impatient
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:48 PM   #5
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I've gone with BMW Park Lane in London? So I assume just email them and ask? It's only been 2 weeks so not sure if I'm just being impatient
Was that the only dealer in the region? Some dealer has more allocations than others. Or they could be going through a slow months. You can try to call and ask them where you would at in line and compare to your current one.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 05:28 PM   #6
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Was that the only dealer in the region? Some dealer has more allocations than others. Or they could be going through a slow months. You can try to call and ask them where you would at in line and compare to your current one.
I mean I had no choice but to chose that BMW dealership, it's part of the Blue Light Card Motorfinity scheme
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 05:51 PM   #7
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I mean I had no choice but to chose that BMW dealership, it's part of the Blue Light Card Motorfinity scheme
Then yeah you probably just want to keep bugging them in a nice way? What's the harm? You won't lose anything but some exchanges of emails...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 07:19 AM   #8
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Then yeah you probably just want to keep bugging them in a nice way? What's the harm? You won't lose anything but some exchanges of emails...
Yeah emailed them, they stated they are awaiting for the delivery and production dates to come through which take some time, but they've given me my production number in the meantime?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 08:09 AM   #9
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah emailed them, they stated they are awaiting for the delivery and production dates to come through which take some time, but they've given me my production number in the meantime?
If you got a production number, then there is a build spot already confirmed. So I'm not sure if they're giving you the correct information. Here in USA, a production number gives you access to tracking your car's progress in the system. Our Status goes from 111 (production number and month of production), to 112 (production week confirmed), to 150 (production day confirmed). Could be different in GB.

Just took a 2022 M235i GC in-trade on a new M240ix coupe. About two-weeks later the same customer asked me to put him on a pre-order list for a new M2.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 08:13 AM   #10
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Quote:
If you got a production number, then there is a build spot already confirmed. So I'm not sure if they're giving you the correct information. Here in USA, a production number gives you access to tracking your car's progress in the system. Our Status goes from 111 (production number and month of production), to 112 (production week confirmed), to 150 (production day confirmed). Could be different in GB.

Just took a 2022 M235i GC in-trade on a new M240ix coupe. About two-weeks later the same customer asked me to put him on a pre-order list for a new M2.
I'm in the UK, annoyingly we are unable to track through the VIN etc like USA orders can.

This is what they replied to my email "Currently I'm waiting on a number of estimated production and delivery dates which will take some time to come through, however your production number is *******"
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 09:01 AM   #11
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm in the UK, annoyingly we are unable to track through the VIN etc like USA orders can.

This is what they replied to my email "Currently I'm waiting on a number of estimated production and delivery dates which will take some time to come through, however your production number is *******"
Call BMW UK and see if they can look up a build week/production date for you
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 03:24 PM   #12
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Quote:

Not that I think it will help your situation but do remember that BMW Park Lane is the only centre in the UK that is owned by BMW UK

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 08:06 PM   #13
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
Quote:

Not that I think it will help your situation but do remember that BMW Park Lane is the only centre in the UK that is owned by BMW UK
Well in that case, I will hope and pray they will deliver the vehicle with no expected delays…. 😂
Appreciate 1
Mani5913551.00