ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-19-2023, 03:03 PM   #1
NoCBGB
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 e86 Z4 3.0

My 2006 3.0 Coupe

Newbie here, although I've lurked on here since I got my '06 Coupe in May of 2022.

Before the Z4, I owned a '99 Z3 coupe for 13 years, but lusted after the Z4 coupe since it first came out. I sold the Z3 and a couple of other vintage bimmers last year, which allowed me to buy the Z4. I only considered a 6 speed, and was lucky to find this one owner car with 72K on the clock. As far as upgrades, I've not done a lot, but had a set of staggered 17" Style 32 wheels, which I like better than the 18" wheels that came on the car. I also didn't like the Z4 steering wheel, and swapped it out in about 10 minutes for an e46 steering wheel I also had laying around. The e46 wheel is less than an inch bigger diameter, but it fills the cockpit better IMHO. The factory stereo is total crap, so I added a VDO/Continental bluetooth enabled head unit, an aftermarket Pioneer amp, and a set of Fischer Match Audiotech German built component speakers. To reduce brake dust, I added Akebono pads. While the factory suspension was OK, I added a set of Bilstein shocks which tightened things up nicely. Lastly, I added a Supersprint muffler. One of these days I'll get a video uploaded with the sound of that.

Cosmetically, I added red film to the tail lamps, added black kidney grilles, and deleted the sidemarkers front and rear.

I tried to add some photos, but may not be able to yet as a newbie...

Last edited by NoCBGB; 11-19-2023 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
3798j11413.50
MVRS4.50