BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

01-22-2022, 06:11 PM   #1
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Seeking Help and Guidance with Code 2B13

Car was running fine. About 3 hours ago got an ABS flash on the dashboard, no CEL. Parked went to store and then got ABS Engine warning with CEL. Only observation was clearly my speedometer was not tracking right. For example, read 4-5mph when I am stopped.

Below are the codes. At this point I am focusing in on the DSC related code 2B13. Please let me know what your thoughts are. I can run further tests and diagnostics if that would be helpful because ideally I would like to avoid the dealership but at the same time I don't want to purchase unnecessary parts ( I assume I need a speed sensor?).

I m not good with diagnostics (beyond reading codes) and likely will have to bring to the dealership.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 07:46 PM   #2
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep

Just an update. Cleared all codes and drove about 5-10 miles. No CEL, no warning.

I think the live data I am seeing will be helpful in diagnosing the problem should it reappear (which it will)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 08:01 PM   #3
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

You don't need help and guidance, you need a new car lmao...

Just kidding. Clear those codes, go out and drive for a bit. Scan again and post the codes here, along with freeze frame data if available.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 12:17 AM   #4
Ximian
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2B13 can be a battery issue. Check the age and plan for replacing it.

Different tools can say it's the right voltage when it's off or even running. However, if the battery is old and you have odd codes, it's time to replace it. I kept a 6 or 7 year old battery alive with the use of a battery maintainer. I had a hint it wasn't quite working right when it didn't start one day and the car alarm kept going off and wouldn't stay off.

Took the battery into Autozone for them to test it and it started visibly smoking. It was time to replace it.
      01-26-2022, 12:56 AM   #5
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximian View Post
2B13 can be a battery issue. Check the age and plan for replacing it.

Different tools can say it's the right voltage when it's off or even running. However, if the battery is old and you have odd codes, it's time to replace it. I kept a 6 or 7 year old battery alive with the use of a battery maintainer. I had a hint it wasn't quite working right when it didn't start one day and the car alarm kept going off and wouldn't stay off.

Took the battery into Autozone for them to test it and it started visibly smoking. It was time to replace it.
Thanks for the suggestions. I reset the cel and cleared codes and it hasn't comes back with about 6 trips and 50 miles on the clock. Guess we will wait and see.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 08:37 AM   #6
Watermelon6161
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Was the problem finally solved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerBlueSkies View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I reset the cel and cleared codes and it hasn't comes back with about 6 trips and 50 miles on the clock. Guess we will wait and see.

Was the problem finally solved?
Appreciate 0