F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW VSC Warranty
proTUNING Freaks

01-25-2024, 12:02 AM   #1
DrChong
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Comp Coupe

BMW VSC Warranty

Very funny experience purchasing extended warranty.

I bought a pre-owned M8C two weeks ago.
The original factory warranty will expire in November.
I'm a risk-averse guy so try to get myself some cover.
The dealer recommended a 3rd-party extended warranty from Safe-Guard.
They quoted me $4.2k for a 4-yrs/50k/$0D platinum plan, considering the 25k mileage of the car, it means 7-yrs/75k/$0D in BMW's calculation.
I rejected them because it's not a well-known 3rd-party. (try searching them here if you don't believe)

Then I talked to my local dealer, they sold BMW's platinum VSC with the same coverage at $9.6k.
So I decided to pivot to dealers/sponsors of the forum. The price is definitely much better.
I was satisfied with these folks' professionalism and surprised by the great price they offered.
I made the payment and was about to sign the agreement.
When I read the terms and conditions of the agreement, in the first section, I saw "Administrator means Safe-Guard Products International, LLC".

I guess it basically means the Safe-Guard is managing all these (at least new) extended service contracts for BMWNA now. It's very likely that the parts coverage is the same between Safe-Guard's own warranty vs. BMW's platinum.

I couldn't disclose the special offer from our forum sponsors and they did help a lot.
But the price is still much higher than the first offer directly from Safe-Guard.

Life is a circle, isn't it?
All I'm hoping now is that the purchase from BMW would at least make the claim process easier in the future.
Appreciate 0