F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Front Speaker Recommendations?
GetBMWParts

03-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #1
carmo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i xdrive

Front Speaker Recommendations?

Hi All,

I am looking to replace my door speakers (I have the base prof radio -no tweeter) with some coaxials.

Has anyone here done this and how is the sound compared to components. I am looking for something below 200$ and they will be amped at 50w rms each. I hear we also need adapters to make new speakers fit our doors. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
kingmonkey8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Some speakers will need adapters if the speaker depth is greater than around 50mm. But you can get plug and play speakers that are designed as a direct fit.
You will also need to code the head unit to HiFi mode to flatten the EQ that is used to compensate for lack of tweeter.
I did install the Focal IFBMW-S but found that it didn't integrate well with the underseat subs. I couldn't get a balanced sound as there was too much bass even with the bass on the HU turned all the way down. Maybe a Cleansweep might have fixed this.
Other people seem to recommend the BAVsounds but I've not tried these myself.
Appreciate 0