F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > No sound coming from speakers
Extreme Powerhouse

04-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
Soul Phoenix
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

No sound coming from speakers

My car (2013 320i) does not output any sound to the speakers. whether from the radio or warning tones/ beeps.
it started off with the display turning on and off as well and the sound from the speakers up until the speakers were completely off but the control unit display works just fine.
i took it to the nearest authorised dealer they said the found what to looked to be a coin in the head unit and advised to replace it(head unit).
i am hesitant to replace it coz it its very expensive or rather costly to my budget.
is there a way to get the head unit working without replacing the head unit?
i was also considering installing custom head units with gps because the OEM one does not have GPS.
which one is better find some money to buy the original head unit or just buy a custom one?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Oem ones def have gps. Look into nbt retrofit. Can find them round 300$ plenty of threads here about it.
Appreciate 0