E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > She's broken again - 325i E93 vert in the dealer again ;(

07-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
She's broken again - 325i E93 vert in the dealer again ;(

Well -I thought it was too good to be true - had her back for a week after the month in the dealer to sort the electric power steering failure and last night she broke again

Started her on the drive and the engine took a while to crank (a good 6-7 seconds) before firing - then a symbol of a car on ramps appeared on the dash, and the abs and traction control lights stopped on - a quick flick through the manual said 'You cannot continue your journey - please contact BMW' - bugger!!!!!!!

Tech came out this morning and diagnosed a CAN bus failure and also a high pressure fuel pump error - this is not great - car is 7 weeks (850 miles) old and in the dealer again - I am beginning to wonder what I have done!!!

Anyone else had any similar issues??

cheers, Paul

Last edited by M3-FAST; 07-30-2007 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Holy crap Paul, that is rotten luck. I really hope you get it sorted out quicker this time. I'm sure when it all gets sorted you will then enjoy your brilliant car and this will all just be a horrible memory. Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Well -I thought it was too good to be true - had her back for a week after the month in the delaer to sort the electric power steering failure and last night she broke again

Started her on the drive and the engine took a while to crank (a good 6-7 seconds) before firing - then a symbol of a car on ramps appeared on the dash, and the abs and traction control lights stopped on - a quick flick through the manual said 'You cannot continue your journey - please contact BMW' - bugger!!!!!!!

Tech came out this morning and diagnosed a CAN bus failure and also a high pressure fuel pump error - this is not great - car is 7 weeks (850 miles) old and in the dealer again - I am beginning to wonder what I have done!!!

cheers, Paul

Jeez, starting to sound like you got a lemon. Not acceptable. Is it too late to reject?

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 320i MSport > Merc C220CDI

yup, I had the fuel pump whatever thingy on mine go, it was in for 3 weeks, then when I got it back they'd broken the seat belt, then they recalled it for something, tried to fit it but it was the wrong part but managed to scratch the bootlid and door. After all of this, and getting BMW UK invloved I got my boot and door resprayed, £500 cash, and a free service for my fiancee's E46 cab... but then it crashed into a clio as per my other post... I think my chassis number may have 666 in somewhere, have you checked yours??

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
paul this doesent sound good, hopefully it will come back this time and never fail again

i do feel sorry for you tho, its enough to put you off bmw's for life

Carl
      07-30-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Well -I thought it was too good to be true - had her back for a week after the month in the delaer to sort the electric power steering failure and last night she broke again

cheers, Paul
850 miles is nothing in 7 weeks, from what you say the long crank from more of our American friends is evidence of High pressure fuel pump failure but usually with a limp home mode on dash display. What codes has the dealer c ome up with in the diagnostics ?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Sorry to be reading this - that is terrible luck you are having with the car. Hope you can soon finally get to enjoy it with no more faults. No doubt about it, in red with the 19" wheels it does look a fabulous car.
      07-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

You would have very good grounds to reject by the sounds of it - the car has spent so much time in the dealer it can be deemed as not fit for purpose.

Whether you aim to reject or not, push for a decent courtesy car and recompense.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #9
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarvey View Post
You would have very good grounds to reject by the sounds of it - the car has spent so much time in the dealer it can be deemed as not fit for purpose.

Whether you aim to reject or not, push for a decent courtesy car and recompense.
I have emailed head of customer service at BMW and the corporate manager today so lets see what tomorrow brings - I have also notified my finance company that I may intend to reject the car and they have put pressure on the supplying dealer.

I want either my car fixing (preferably) or a comparable loan car and a compensation package to suit.

Dont think I am being unreasonable !!

Cheers for the emails of support folks!

Paul
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
I have emailed head of customer service at BMW and the corporate manager today so lets see what tomorrow brings - I have also notified my finance company that I may intend to reject the car and they have put pressure on the supplying dealer.

I want either my car fixing (preferably) or a comparable loan car and a compensation package to suit.

Dont think I am being unreasonable !!

Cheers for the emails of support folks!

Paul
Under the circumstances Paul, I think you're being extremely reasonable.

Good luck & I hope you get the problem sorted out.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 02:15 AM   #11
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Good Luck:
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 05:44 AM   #12
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
had some good news yesterday - BMW customer services have advised that a pump has been sourced and is with the dealer

Just called the dealer and the pump is being fitted today - will collect it in the morning and hope she does not break again!!!

They have improved there compensation (paid 1st months finance whilst it was in with steering rack but seeing as they had it for the entire month it was the least they could do) and given me a £250 credit to spend at the dealer.

Will keep you posted of her progress!!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #13
E92-Mark
Environmental petrol head.
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d Coupé

Garage List
Good news, hope you finally get to enjoy the car the way it was meant to be That is a sweet looking ride you got there

Currently : 330d SE Coupe, TiAg, Jade Leather Sports seats, HiGloss trim, 17" 188s, 6MT, CA, SunRoof, HBA, Pro Audio, 6CD, Bluetooth & Armrest
Retired : 320d SE E90, SG, Blk Leather, Xenons, Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #14
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Mark View Post
Good news, hope you finally get to enjoy the car the way it was meant to be That is a sweet looking ride you got there
Thanks for the compliment! - to be honest everyone loves it - I even get strangers on petrol station forecourts commentin on her looks!

Anyway - picked it up this morning and all seems well although maybe a little hesitant in pulling off every now and then? Will give it a few days and she how she performs!!

Sun came out this afternoon, and even managed a stint with the roof down!

Just hope she doesn't break again

Cheers, Paul

Happy with his again, lol
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 02:05 PM   #15
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment! - to be honest everyone loves it - I even get strangers on petrol station forecourts commentin on her looks!

Anyway - picked it up this morning and all seems well although maybe a little hesitant in pulling off every now and then? Will give it a few days and she how she performs!!

Sun came out this afternoon, and even managed a stint with the roof down!

Just hope she doesn't break again

Cheers, Paul

Happy with his again, lol
Been out posing eh? and here's us thinking you had it for the comfort
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List