F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Passenger Restraint Sys
GetBMWParts

10-05-2023, 04:11 PM   #1
BeemerPilot
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 28d

Passenger Restraint Sys

Hi, I have a problem that I hope someone can help me resolve.

I have a new puppy and on the way to a vet for his first round of shots he got car sick. He was sitting in the passenger seat when he decided he didn't want his breakfast so he distributed all of it on the seat, console and the space between the two. Cleaning up the mess was challenging to say the least, especially the carpet on the passenger side of the console and under the seat. The only way I could see to clean that part was to remove the passenger seat, so I did. In order to remove the seat after the 4 bolts were removed, I had to remove the electrical plug on the bottom of it. I was able to clean up the mess, reinstall the plug and bolt the seat back in place with no problem, or so I thought. The next time I started the car I got a warning informing me that the passenger restraint system was inop and advising me to keep the seat belt fastened.

My first thought was that the warning would go away after some number of cycles. It didn't. I then removed the battery cables, removed the seat and plug then reinstalled them and replaced the battery cables. That didn't help. I searched YouTube but couldn't find anything relevant except a video telling me to remove the battery cables and hold them together for some period of time. But I also saw something warning me not to do that with a BMW. I knew that mechanics must have to remove the passenger seat in some circumstances, so I called a dealer and talked to someone in service. I got no help from them other than I would have to bring it in to a dealer. I live in Kalispell, MT. There is no BMW dealer in the state of Montana or any neighboring state. The closest dealer to me is 200 miles away in Spokane, WA.

So here I am hoping someone here can help.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 04:16 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I would bring your car to Glacier Offroad and see if Jubal can help you. Tell him Dan G sent you. Here is his website. https://glacieroffroad.com/

P.S. Jubal owns several BMWs.

Last edited by DanG; 10-05-2023 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 12:21 PM   #3
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F[am]80 M3

You will need a obd2 scan tool that can read/clear ABS codes in order to clear those restraint error messages.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 07:04 PM   #4
MMnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Find a friend in your area with ODBII dongle and bimmerlink to reset the module in 5 seconds.

Or you can buy the app and dongle and clear the error yourself. Cheap as chips.

Guarantee 100% working.
Appreciate 0