BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-26-2023, 09:54 AM   #1
zguy33
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Issues following 3IM install/tuning

Finally finished installing 3IM and tuning using the Bimmerlabs tune 128i to 130i and everything seemed to work yesterday during the test drives, but this morning went to start the car the heated seats did not heat up and the fan would only blow at full speed when the defrost was on (all worked before the tune was loaded to the car).
I checked the codes using Carly and found 2DEB, 2FA3, 2E8B, and A559
The car seems to run fine. Has anyone else had these issues in their experience?
Plan to check all wire connections this evening maybe something was unplugged when I removed the valve cover.
If the issues are tuning-related may just tune back to stock and try the 330i tune that I see everyone talking about now.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 10:18 AM   #2
Semi Rifle
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

Garage List
2008 bmw 128i  [0.00]
I had to default code my dme with ncs expert after tune for the 2fa3 code,

Open NCS Expert
- Load Factory Coding Profile
- Start, Chassis, E89, CAS, Back
- Program ECU (should be F4)
- Select the ECU (DME is 6BMOT)
- Double check that FSW_PSW.MAN is empty, 0kb, in the C:\NCSEXPER\WORK folder (you can check with NotePad)
- Make sure job is SG_Codieren and Execute Job, should take a couple of seconds.

Copied from a post or check the post itself

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1893514
Appreciate 2
      10-30-2023, 02:06 AM   #3
e91n52power
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 328i

If anyone is looking for 3 stage manifold I got one for sale
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 07:04 AM   #4
golfer23rm
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 125i E82 Bluewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by zguy33 View Post
Finally finished installing 3IM and tuning using the Bimmerlabs tune 128i to 130i and everything seemed to work yesterday during the test drives, but this morning went to start the car the heated seats did not heat up and the fan would only blow at full speed when the defrost was on (all worked before the tune was loaded to the car).
I checked the codes using Carly and found 2DEB, 2FA3, 2E8B, and A559
The car seems to run fine. Has anyone else had these issues in their experience?
Plan to check all wire connections this evening maybe something was unplugged when I removed the valve cover.
If the issues are tuning-related may just tune back to stock and try the 330i tune that I see everyone talking about now.
the 2FA3 is a ghost code. Do the previous post to code it away. That's what i did. The issues you have are not pertaining to the tune.

from Google:
2DEB - DME: Power management, vehicle electrical system. It appears this means under or over voltage. A bad alternator, battery, or fuse are common issues.

2E85 is to the waterpump

BWM A559 Code: Instrument Cluster Power Supply Shut Off

did you remove the battery? everything connected correctly? earths etc?
check your alternator too.
whats your kms on the waterpump?
      10-31-2023, 01:51 PM   #5
zguy33
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer23rm View Post
the 2FA3 is a ghost code. Do the previous post to code it away. That's what i did. The issues you have are not pertaining to the tune.

from Google:
2DEB - DME: Power management, vehicle electrical system. It appears this means under or over voltage. A bad alternator, battery, or fuse are common issues.

2E85 is to the waterpump

BWM A559 Code: Instrument Cluster Power Supply Shut Off

did you remove the battery? everything connected correctly? earths etc?
check your alternator too.
whats your kms on the waterpump?
Yeah I was able to code out the 2FA3 code just fine, I'll have to double-check all the connections today, I removed the battery when I disconnected the battery because I also replaced the starter too
The battery is ~1 year old.
The alternator is ~3 months old haven't had any problems with it.

I did replace the water pump ~6 months ago, 2E85 code has persisted all fuses have been checked and the car has ran perfectly fine since replacing it does have a warranty on it from FCP Euro. I didn't even think I included that code in the original post. If I did my bad.
Appreciate 0