BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Crashy suspension and poor turn in.

03-18-2024, 08:30 AM   #1
Ruffian
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 125D

Crashy suspension and poor turn in.

Just wondering what I need to replace in order to get my handling back...

125d with about 70k miles - small bumps/potholes have become "crashy" and jarring and the car no longer handles very well when turning into corners; it feels like the rear is very vague and soft.

On fast smooth roads it's all still fine and doesn't bounce about or anything, but doesn't feel particularly sharp.

My partner has an almost identical though slightly newer 120d and it feels completely different; tight and nimble.

Anyway, I was thinking I will probably replace all 4 shocks, probably with Bilstein B4s which are supposed to be OEM replacements.

I was also going to replace all the bump stops.

What else should I be doing? I've seen some say replace the top mounts as well....

I'm not interested in firmer or lower suspension it's already M-Sport suspension and the roads around here are pretty bad.
Appreciate 0