European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-11-2016, 10:12 PM   #67
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocans
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
My have times changed.....I see more comments on here about electronics, paint, Apple play bs and a bunch of other super distracting things that (let's be real here) no M owner should give a damn about IMO. Suspension/performance/aero. I don't know about most folks but I've never ever in my life purchased a performance car based on LED headlights/taillights or any "comfort" options.....I may be in the minority here but damn! Lol
Why would people talk about suspension and performance in a thread about the 2017 cars when those things haven't changed for 2017 (nearly everyone optioned adaptive M suspension previously)? I'm not sure I find it strange that people are talking about the only things that changed for 2017...
Read my comments again, I was generally speaking not talking about suspension changes, you missed my point....respectfully
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #68
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG
Quote:
My have times changed.....I see more comments on here about electronics, paint, Apple play bs and a bunch of other super distracting things that (let's be real here) no M owner should give a damn about IMO. Suspension/performance/aero. I don't know about most folks but I've never ever in my life purchased a performance car based on LED headlights/taillights or any "comfort" options.....I may be in the minority here but damn! Lol
This is what happens when millennials start buying cars. You are so not in the minority BTW!
Awesome!!! I feel better now. (And I'm 36, so good call)
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 10:17 PM   #69
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107
Quote:
Do you not get power locks and power windows in your car bc those would be comfort options? do you also not watch color TV or use a cell phone either for the same reason?
Your preference in cars and their features is just on opinion and does not define M owners. Obviously most people want these that's why bmw is doing it. And what's wrong with having an HUD, blue tooth connectivity etc. It's not taking away any 'performance measures.'
You also missed my point....the definition of an m owner had been corrupted!! But I guess that's what happens, the real M believers get disappointed more and more, get more money as they become successful, then go P car. Natural progression.

I got out of my 335/e92 m3 when idiots began slapping on fender flares with 3 foot high wings, the cars became attainable to the Civic owners with a little scratch.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 10:40 PM   #70
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
After 3 years one needs brakes and rotors. How much are those?
One needs pads way sooner than that, if one tracks the car.
A set of track pads will set you back ~$650. A set of OEM pads is ~$350.
About $900 for Carbon pads for Carbon rotors (to be avoided).

There is no data on how long the iron rotors last.
I am 1/2 done with my track pads, and the rotors are yet to show any measurable signs of wear.

Extra year of depreciation will run you $3-6K.

a
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #71
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
I wonder if CarPlay can be retrofitted to the 15's. That would be amazing.
That would be 2x amazing, since CarPlay is not in MY17 cars with iDrive 5.0 either!

a
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 11:02 PM   #72
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
That would be 2x amazing, since CarPlay is not in MY17 cars with iDrive 5.0 either!

a
Not sure if serious...

CarPlay can be ordered on all MY17 F8x ($300) and will be available in August.
      06-11-2016, 11:15 PM   #73
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep
Drives: White/red M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2///M View Post
For the Apple juice fans....new option:
6CP Apple CarPlay Compatibility

I want this in my 2016!!!! WTH!?!? They haven't even finished building it. Just grab the new one from the parts bin!!!!
      06-12-2016, 12:24 AM   #74
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
My have times changed.....I see more comments on here about electronics, paint, Apple play bs and a bunch of other super distracting things that (let's be real here) no M owner should give a damn about IMO. Suspension/performance/aero, that's it. I don't know about most folks but I've never ever in my life purchased a performance car based on LED headlights/taillights or any "comfort" options.....I may be in the minority here but damn! Lol
The M4 is my daily-driver, not my "performance car." But you're right...times have changed. The M3 is not the focussed, purpose-built performance car that the E30 M3 was.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2016, 07:53 AM   #75
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

There are some self-righteous "illuminated" types posting in this thread as if ANY premium performance car designed to be daily driven is without creature comforts. It's 2016! Tech is here to stay (....and has been here since....ohhhhh....2000?!?!). Get over it!
Appreciate 3
      06-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #76
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast
Quote:
Quote:
Do you not get power locks and power windows in your car bc those would be comfort options? do you also not watch color TV or use a cell phone either for the same reason?
Your preference in cars and their features is just on opinion and does not define M owners. Obviously most people want these that's why bmw is doing it. And what's wrong with having an HUD, blue tooth connectivity etc. It's not taking away any 'performance measures.'
You also missed my point....the definition of an m owner had been corrupted!! But I guess that's what happens, the real M believers get disappointed more and more, get more money as they become successful, then go P car. Natural progression.

I got out of my 335/e92 m3 when idiots began slapping on fender flares with 3 foot high wings, the cars became attainable to the Civic owners with a little scratch.
Soooooo, what about those of us [and there are many] who have owned M's beginning with the E30 or E36, and every iteration since? Are we no longer "real M owners"? Should we consider ourselves unhappy? The defection to a P-Car, which is.....gasp!!!....also ripe with electronics and creature comfort goodies (...especially relative to the P-Cars of old) is a natural progression.
Appreciate 1
BDWonder138.00
      06-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #77
MLBMW
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

In the Canada pricing guide: Z03 British Racing Green
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 09:37 AM   #78
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 335 M Performance Ed
In the Canada pricing guide: Z03 British Racing Green
There are a bunch of very nice Individual colors available in Canada for 2017.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #79
Brain_attack
Riding the stars
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
There are a bunch of very nice Individual colors available in Canada for 2017.
Where we can see them?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #80
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_attack View Post
Where we can see them?
Here's the list - http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=11
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #81
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Soooooo, what about those of us [and there are many] who have owned M's beginning with the E30 or E36, and every iteration since? Are we no longer "real M owners"? Should we consider ourselves unhappy? The defection to a P-Car, which is.....gasp!!!....also ripe with electronics and creature comfort goodies (...especially relative to the P-Cars of old) is a natural progression.
Point taken.....I've owned every iteration of M3 except e30 and f80, so mainly speaking from my experience which I consider purist pretty much. It's just a different game now I guess. But there is a big difference between creature comforts and pointless tech
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 07:08 PM   #82
RedBolden
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

I have no problems with my AY/SO '15 M4 purchase. This is my first Bimmer after owning 11 Audis, maybe I'm the minority!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #83
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Point taken.....I've owned every iteration of M3 except e30 and f80, so mainly speaking from my experience which I consider purist pretty much. It's just a different game now I guess. But there is a big difference between creature comforts and pointless tech
I'm up for discussion. Which pointless tech options are you referring to?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 10:43 PM   #84
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
My have times changed.....I see more comments on here about electronics, paint, Apple play bs and a bunch of other super distracting things that (let's be real here) no M owner should give a damn about IMO. Suspension/performance/aero, that's it. I don't know about most folks but I've never ever in my life purchased a performance car based on LED headlights/taillights or any "comfort" options.....I may be in the minority here but damn! Lol
THIS
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2016, 11:03 AM   #85
tmspec
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

So what are we looking at for invoice pricing? 6% below MSRP and 12% for ED?
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #86
CrazyWitness
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmspec View Post
So what are we looking at for invoice pricing? 6% below MSRP and 12% for ED?
Actually good question, when we will have invoice prices?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #87
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
What the f*ck is wrong with BMW? I would love to know how many M's were sold in this color.... Just such a non-exciting color palette...
Not everyone wants a bright yellow, blue or orange car.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #88
apgawlf9196
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4?

Can Apple car play be retrofitted?
Appreciate 0