F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Xneon Headlight Wiring
Studio RSR

06-25-2020, 05:12 PM   #1
akf30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' 328i; 14' 335i xDrive

Xneon Headlight Wiring

Hello Everyone,

So I am rebuilding a 14' 335i xDrive, that came with factory xenon headlight package etc. The passenger side headlight harness appears to have rubbed against the front wheel causing some of the wires to burn and get cut (3 wires in total cut). The headlights themselves work, both low and high beam. The turn signal/corner light was not functional nor are the angel eyes. I was able to re-splice the turn signal/corner light and is now operational. But I attempted to re-splice the 2 remaining wires using the same guage wire (bought a harness off ebay). But angel eyes did not turn back on. I ran the codes via ISTA+ and got the following:

804197 - Daytime driving lights, right, short circutied
8041B6 - LWR system faulty
8041BA - AHL system faulty
D90D32 - Healight driver module (TMS), right (LIN): No Lin-Slave
8041A8 - Welcome light repeat lock active

Am I missing something? After splicing wires on passenger side back together do I need to reset something maybe? I really want to avoid bringing it to a indy shop as this is a re-build project for me and I would really like to figure this out on my own and learn from it. Maybe I didn't splice the wires good enough? I did the ghetto way first by just using electrical tape and once knowing the issue was resolved I was going to solder them. Like I mentioned above, I spliced the corner light wire with tape and are operational.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if any suggestions work, willing to throw someone a tip via paypal!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
akf30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' 328i; 14' 335i xDrive

Bump... anyone?
Appreciate 0