E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > is the dealer trying to rob me ?

03-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
335ispooling
Banned
Rep
Drives: White e90

is the dealer trying to rob me ?

my hpfp failed two days ago as i was driving i had to push the car about 11 miles because it would crank and not start. as soon as i finally got home i hooked it up and read all the codes and i stated high pressure fuel pump. the car still has a recall so i had it towed. 2 days later i call to check on status. keep in mind they said it would only take one day. so this is day 3 at murray of denver bmw and i gave them a call. apparently the battery 100% died while it was being towed on the way over there. thats first, secondly they told me as soon as they charge the battery that they are able to start it but its running poorly. so i ask the why? they replied "we dont know we would have to diagnose which is $130. are you f ing kidding??? how does it go from fuel pump to battery and then some mysterious other problem how do i know that whatever the reason that is running poorly its not because of them?

i need help guys it really seems like they are trying to rob me. everything was fine with the car up until hpfp i highly doubt that it would cause a chain of events leading up to a dead battery and magically the car "starting but wont run good" i still have all the codes of the car before it was picked up so i know what is wrong with the car i really didnt think murray would do this they sounded like cools but at the end of the day it is just a dealer looking to rape your wallet for every little thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Doesn't seem totally unreasonable IMO. Apparently the battery recharged successfully so that's a non-issue now. I'm assuming they already replaced the HPFP. The car not running correctly now is a new issue that needs to be diagnosed if no codes are thrown. Have your injectors been replaced yet? That is another common failure point for the N54 and the HPFP dying may have put more strain on the injectors causing them to finally fail as well?