2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 not holding alignment

03-25-2024, 01:01 PM   #1
smokinu454
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

F10 not holding alignment

So ive been trying to track down why my car is unstable and wants to wander around on the highway in another thread. Im still working on that but this is somewhat of a different question even though its for the same end goal. I had the car aligned on 3-4-24 after I did the front control arms. I later did the rear control arms so i had it aligned again on 3-20-24. I knew the rear end would be way off but I did not touch the front end. I was shocked to see that the before front end alignment on 3-20 did not even come close to matching the alignment that they set on 3-4. Seems to me like this would say that something is loose in the steering. I am going to start with outer and inner tie rod ends since they are cheap. If tie rod ends dont fix it, i will let them diagnose it but what else could it be other than the actual steering rack? Thoughts? Check out the alignment pics and let me know what you guys think.

front control arms, rear control arms (except the large lower trailing arms), front sway bar links, H&R 30mm front anti sway bar, and sway bar bushings have all so far been replaced already.
Attached Images