F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Looks to Reduce Inventory Oversupply
GetBMWParts

05-12-2016, 10:19 AM   #177
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

[QUOTE=SCOTT26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
If Mr. Marketing is going to lie, at least be a good one.
A transverse FWD platform is not going to yield 50/50 weight distribution.

BMW's own technical specs on the F48 X1 tell a different story from Scott.

Given that the X1 is xDrive and still doesn't achieve 50/50, common sense only dictates that a non-xDrive transverse car like a 225i Active Tourer should be closer to 60/40.

Whatever the case, FWD/transverse BMWs are NOT 50/50.
From the actual Press Release from BMW AG regarding the X1.
Quote:
[the BMW X1 is the likewise newly developed chassis technology, which ensures not only precisely controllable handling, but also noticeably improved ride comfort. Together with the cars low centre of gravity, virtually perfect 50 : 50 weight distribution, a wide track, short overhangs, optimised weight and the impressive rigidity of the body and chassis, this lays the foundation for a driving experience familiar to BMW drivers but without parallel in the segment./QUOTE]
In other words usual marketing spin!!
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #178
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
From the actual Press Release from BMW AG regarding the X1.
Quote:
[the BMW X1 is the likewise newly developed chassis technology, which ensures not only precisely controllable handling, but also noticeably improved ride comfort. Together with the car’s low centre of gravity, virtually perfect 50 : 50 weight distribution, a wide track, short overhangs, optimised weight and the impressive rigidity of the body and chassis, this lays the foundation for a driving experience familiar to BMW drivers but without parallel in the segment.
SCOTT26, if you really want to maintain credibility on an enthusiast forum, you're going to have to stop with the dishonesty.
It is quite absurd to use BMW's marketing propaganda as verbatim and attempt to pass it off as concrete fact when we have the actually technical specs refuting the marketing myth.

The fact is, 56.4/43.6 (even with xDrive) is closer to 60/40 than it is to 50/50.
In fact, it is "virtually" 60/40
A transverse BMW without xDrive (i.e., FWD only) will see an even more apparent 60/40 bias.

BMW's clever and smooth marketing eloquence in their press release might cause some to glance over without a second thought, but anyone who understands the basics of a transverse layout knows that there are inherent differences versus an FR layout and won't be convinced of the erroneous marketing claim for one second.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #179
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Make sure to go for either 24 or 30 month lease! Residual drops at 36 months!
If you live in a state that gives a rebate, some of them require longer leases so be sure to figure the payment both ways, 36 months (if required) and include your state and/or local rebate(s) or 24 months without said rebates. In my state, Tennessee, they resumed rebates 2 weeks after I got my i3. But they require you to buy within Tennessee and require 36 months. I bought out of state, in Atlanta, Georgia, and did a 24 month lease. ATL had right at 100 between two sister lots, no one in Tennessee had that selection or the exact car I wanted, plus I got a great deal. So I'm not sure if I would have been better off with the 36 months and rebate and less of a deal, or if I did better going shorter and getting a better deal from ATL. I guess I'll find out in 9-10 months when its time to either buy my i3 or lease another one.

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 04:05 PM   #180
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Good time to lease a 3 series or i3!
Better to buy

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 06:03 PM   #181
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Interesting, I never knew the balance of an new X1 was so close to that of a 500hp V10 engined M6...

... the X1 must be amazing at the track!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #182
dst211
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

I just test drove a c300 hoping it would at least be good enough to negotiate hard and walk away from a bum deal on a new 328. It was like driving through sand. I had an e46 before the f30. As much as the f30 gets shit, legitimately so, it's still a very agile car. The c300 was garbage to drive and the interior was not THAT much better.

Maybe MB does better on their higher trim cars but 328 vs c300 is really not competition.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #183
tonyzale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016' M3, S1000R, R nineT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasevo9 View Post
Same thoughts here. We just bought a 2016 Civic Ex for my wife. For a lease payment of $220 a month, you get Apple Car Play, reverse camera, comfort access, projector headlights(i added hid), sunroof and it drives very well for a non german car.

I have a 2016 LCI M3 as well and wish i did not have to pay a lot of money on those features. I initially thought of getting my wife a 3 series but backout out due to this.
You are kidding right?

If you want a low payment just say that, but don't compare the $200/mo car to a car that costs twice as much, it's embarrassing. ...and it is classic over compensation for licking your wounds and not getting what you really wanted.

But hey, this a forum, so say what pleases you. It is enjoyable for me to ready silly things. Just like the "Onion"
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 01:13 PM   #184
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzale View Post
You are kidding right?

If you want a low payment just say that, but don't compare the $200/mo car to a car that costs twice as much, it's embarrassing. ...and it is classic over compensation for licking your wounds and not getting what you really wanted.

But hey, this a forum, so say what pleases you. It is enjoyable for me to ready silly things. Just like the "Onion"
There's nothing wrong with what he said. The Civic comes w/ a lot of nice standard features that you have to put out some hefty cash for in the BMW lineup.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #185
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Still haven't seen any new programs released to make purchase/lease more attractive.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #186
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Still haven't seen any new programs released to make purchase/lease more attractive.
I wouldn't expect to see any. There are other, more cost effective, and safer options to slim inventory. That's what is hinted at in the OP.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #187
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MR, 20 X7, 22 M4x

Quote:
You are kidding right?

Reading comprehension, please.

Embarrassing indeed
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 03:06 PM   #188
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr
Quote:
You are kidding right?

Embarrassing indeed
The post cited isn't worded well either. Adding reference to "Projectors" is odd (how is this a benefit?). Sure the Civic is cheaper and a Lease Spec 3er would have most of those as extra, but they don't account for a significantly higher payment. It's the rest of the car, the things a Civic can't provide, that make the difference. If "intelligent financial choices" are considered, leasing a Civic isn't a good one.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 03:06 AM   #189
HawaiiG80Green
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzale
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasevo9 View Post
Same thoughts here. We just bought a 2016 Civic Ex for my wife. For a lease payment of $220 a month, you get Apple Car Play, reverse camera, comfort access, projector headlights(i added hid), sunroof and it drives very well for a non german car.

I have a 2016 LCI M3 as well and wish i did not have to pay a lot of money on those features. I initially thought of getting my wife a 3 series but backout out due to this.
You are kidding right?

Its called opinion. Great thing is i have both cars. I just wish i didnt have to pay for the features on my F80. Would i say i regret getting my M3? Hell no. Love this car. Peace.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 03:15 AM   #190
HawaiiG80Green
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Quote:
You are kidding right?

Embarrassing indeed
The post cited isn't worded well either. Adding reference to "Projectors" is odd (how is this a benefit?). Sure the Civic is cheaper and a Lease Spec 3er would have most of those as extra, but they don't account for a significantly higher payment. It's the rest of the car, the things a Civic can't provide, that make the difference. If "intelligent financial choices" are considered, leasing a Civic isn't a good one.
Leasing or financing any car is not at all an intelligent financial decision indeed. We buy these vehicle to use them and our M's to make us happy. Driving experience. Hehe.

You gotta go out and drive a civic before you assume that it cannot provide. 👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #191
pbjjj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Dark Olive/Mocha

Quote:
You are kidding right?

I am with vegasevo9. I think BMW should be embarrassed when it comes to technology offering. Overall BMW owners do love BMW, but I can safely say majority of the BMW owners do wish BMW would make common options like rear-view camera standard. Blind-spot monitoring isn't even available for the new X1!

By the way, the new Civic is an excellent car. I am very glad that Honda is making Civic fun to drive again.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #192
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasevo9
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Quote:
You are kidding right?

Embarrassing indeed
Leasing or financing any car is not at all an intelligent financial decision indeed. We buy these vehicle to use them and our M's to make us happy. Driving experience. Hehe.

You gotta go out and drive a civic before you assume that it cannot provide. 👍🏼
Leasing isn't universally bad. For those who like more expensive vehicles and a new model every few years, or those who can utilize tax benefits that a purchase cannot fulfill, a well structured lease is definitely the way to go. Sub-$30k (and specifically $18k-$25k) vehicles tend to cost more on a lease unless the contract is exited in a non traditional manner.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #193
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjjj View Post
but I can safely say majority of the BMW owners do wish BMW would make common options like rear-view camera standard.
They won't have a choice (in the USA) come 2018 when rear view cameras are mandatory. In the meantime, they will continue to milk the customer as best as possible -- witness the F80, where if you even want just rear PDC, you still have to buy the $3500 "Executive Package".
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 12:13 PM   #194
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjjj View Post
I am with vegasevo9. I think BMW should be embarrassed when it comes to technology offering. Overall BMW owners do love BMW, but I can safely say majority of the BMW owners do wish BMW would make common options like rear-view camera standard. Blind-spot monitoring isn't even available for the new X1!

By the way, the new Civic is an excellent car. I am very glad that Honda is making Civic fun to drive again.
Soon the backup camera will be standard (in the US anyway) as it will be required by law.

Germans are never known for offering a lot of standard features while Japanese automakers (especially Honda) are. Just the way it is.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 12:31 PM   #195
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Soon the backup camera will be standard (in the US anyway) as it will be required by law.

Germans are never known for offering a lot of standard features while Japanese automakers (especially Honda) are. Just the way it is.
On the very cheapest Audi A3 standard equipment includes: "Parking system plus with rear view camera (front and rear acoustic parking sensors)". Standard on $30k Audi, yet requires $3500 option package on $70k F80 M3. Given competitor pressures, one would think we'll see this on every BMW for 2017 model year as standard equipment....one would think anyway.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 12:50 PM   #196
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
On the very cheapest Audi A3 standard equipment includes: "Parking system plus with rear view camera (front and rear acoustic parking sensors)". Standard on $30k Audi, yet requires $3500 option package on $70k F80 M3. Given competitor pressures, one would think we'll see this on every BMW for 2017 model year as standard equipment....one would think anyway.
You also get navigation standard on the F80 M3.

Plus to get a backup camera on a standard F30 it's only $950 since the packages are different.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #197
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post

Audi isn't immune and in some ways almost as bad as Mercedes. Look at the S4 for example. PDC requires either the $4k Tech Package or Prestige trim level. Overall, BMW and Audi have done a pretty good job of meeting consumer demands with standard, single option, and package option equipment. If PDC was standard on the M3/M4 to make you happy, there will be equally if not more who complain because they don't want it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 03:03 PM   #198
Hair Fhrer
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M5

Stop complaining and whining! All opinions are not welcome!
Appreciate 0