E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Instrument cluster LEDs not working

07-26-2023, 08:23 AM   #1
epilamun
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Instrument cluster LEDs not working

Hi all, I was doing the instrument cluster led replacement. Granted, I'm not the best solderer of all time, but having done the majority of the LEDs with no issue, I took on the date/time display and it's been a major cockup.

So only 2 led work on this display from what I installed, and then one of the LEDs from the multi colour LEDs has suddenly stopped working. It's likely connected given I replaced the 4 that don't work twice and they still don't work. I actually felt I was way more careful with the LEDs on the date/time area, so it's an added frustration that these aren't working.

Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 08:26 AM   #2
epilamun
Rep

Also if anyone is in the Manchester, UK area and can lend a helping hand, I would really appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 10:58 AM   #3
epilamun
Rep

Ok I'm being dumb, fixed the LEDs I've installed, just need to fix the one that's no longer working
Appreciate 0