F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Service past 2 years and still 6 mnths left
proTUNING Freaks

04-29-2024, 01:00 PM   #23
ABall
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i MSport Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-GT View Post
At best it's had an undocumented oil change at worse the previous owner reset the counter to make it look like it's just had a service before part-ex.

I'd have it serviced now and get it back in line if you have no documentation to back up an oil change in 2023.
I didnt realise a simple counter reset would transfer to key, I thought the key would only show whats on the servers. Leson learned, Ive requested a quote from Fergies which is an Indie garage very close to me, its deffo going in regardsless.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 01:33 PM   #24
un1eash
Captain
Rep
Drives: M235i

They key will show what the car is telling it. My car is going in for the airbag recall Wednesday and I suspect my service history will be synced with the servers so I'll have to re add my entry's again.
Appreciate 1
ABall45.00
      04-30-2024, 05:34 AM   #25
TurboWeasel
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

I've never really understood the key vs iDrive differences. Shouldn't they both show the same information?

When I picked up my 330d there were a couple of gaps on the iDrive, so booked it in for the full 24 monther, only to be told the Key says all good, service not required. Odd.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 06:13 AM   #26
3-GT
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboWeasel View Post
I've never really understood the key vs iDrive differences. Shouldn't they both show the same information?

When I picked up my 330d there were a couple of gaps on the iDrive, so booked it in for the full 24 monther, only to be told the Key says all good, service not required. Odd.
I'd go from the last recorded service you have and go max 18,000 miles/2 years from that.

I've had a nightmare finding a BMW for the missus that hasn't had late or even missing services.

This car is being sold by a main dealer. The first two services where more than the BMW maximum of 1000 miles late. Dates are American format BTW.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ABall45.00
      04-30-2024, 04:20 PM   #27
ABall
Private
Rep

Quote:

I asked them to hook up the scanner and they told me no need, we scan the key but this obviously isnt right.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 05:12 AM   #28
ABall
Private
Rep

Just an update. I dropped the key into my Indie who where a lot more helpfull than Inchscape Reading. They showed me the extra information available on the key read which isnt shown on the AIR website. A6 motors did an Oil/filter change (this info isnt on the key) which I found the paperwork for and they would of reset the car which updates the key but obviosly not the BMW servers. So even though it has new oil and filter I have booked it in for a full service including brake fluid which Fergies told me is over due. Just want to recommend the garage if your in the area, they have full access to BMW servers and saved me a good chunk of cash. The last service from a main dealer in 2022 was 498 plus VAT, Fergies are charging less than that including VAT and including a brake fluid change. If A6 did do an oil change they didnt carry out the additional items which where due so I am happy its all going to be upto date and on the record. I have emailed Warranty First to confirm the cover is still valid.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 05:18 AM   #29
TurboWeasel
Major
Rep

Good stuff. Can't beat indies. Glad it's all come good in the end and this is the problem with digital service records, but gaps don't always spell trouble.

Inchcape are terrible. The one in Colchester destroyed the paint on one of my calipers during a brake fluid change and zero shits were given and left oily finger prints on my steering wheel and seats.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 05:34 AM   #30
ABall
Private
Rep

Quote:
Good stuff. Can't beat indies. Glad it's all come good in the end and this is the problem with digital service records, but gaps don't always spell trouble.

Inchcape are terrible. The one in Colchester destroyed the paint on one of my calipers during a brake fluid change and zero shits were given and left oily finger prints on my steering wheel and seats.
Jeesus, I was hoping BMW treated its customers better than this, thats bloody discusting!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 05:39 AM   #31
TurboWeasel
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABall View Post
Jeesus, I was hoping BMW treated its customers better than this, thats bloody discusting!
I thought VAG dealers were bad when I used to own those, but BMW are even worse.

I won't be using them again, so I need to find an indie in East Anglia somewhere that has access to the BMW servers.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 06:22 AM   #32
ABall
Private
Rep

Quote:
I thought VAG dealers were bad when I used to own those, but BMW are even worse.

I won't be using them again, so I need to find an indie in East Anglia somewhere that has access to the BMW servers.
Good luck, they are probably worth there weight.......
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 06:39 AM   #33
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

Grosvenor nearby is also good.

Also highly recommended in thatcham is Jake. OJE autoservices. Brilliant chap.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 07:41 AM   #34
ABall
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY340i View Post
Grosvenor nearby is also good.

Also highly recommended in thatcham is Jake. OJE autoservices. Brilliant chap.
Wow we are spoilt round here!
Appreciate 0