F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW alertness systems
GetBMWParts

04-16-2023, 08:09 AM   #1
Marylanddoc42
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535

BMW alertness systems

Hello

Over the past 25 years, I have fallen asleep twice while driving. Once on a highway with almost disastrous effect - rolled vehicle. I am trying to understand the alertness monitoring on the new BMWs before buying a new vehicle.

Does the system alert me if I am not using cruise control? If so, what does the system do to protect me?

Thanks for all your help.

Scott
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 08:32 AM   #2
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylanddoc42 View Post
Hello

Over the past 25 years, I have fallen asleep twice while driving. Once on a highway with almost disastrous effect - rolled vehicle. I am trying to understand the alertness monitoring on the new BMWs before buying a new vehicle.

Does the system alert me if I am not using cruise control? If so, what does the system do to protect me?

Thanks for all your help.

Scott
I'm not sure it's operational when ACC isn't enabled. When you're driving with ACC on, if you stop paying attention it will go through the amber and then red alerting before bringing the car to a stop. I think when it does this it also turns on the hazard lights.

Edit: Also Attentiveness Assistant can be enabled to warn you to take a break if travelling above 43mph.

Last edited by srbs73; 04-16-2023 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Additional info
Appreciate 0