F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 335i crank, no start
Studio RSR

01-26-2023, 02:43 PM   #1
DADPAID
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

F30 335i crank, no start

As the title states, I’m having a crank no start condition on my 2015 335. I was leaving work and as I was driving along at ~40mph, it died and went into neutral. Rolled to a stop and got it to fire but as I put it in drive and went to move it died again and wouldn’t re-fire. No lights, no check control messages. Unfortunately forgot my OBD scanner at home so I couldn’t scan for codes. Had to flatbed it to the dealer but it’ll probably take a few days for a diagnosis. Anybody have any ideas? To me it seems like it could be fuel related because when I was cranking it to get the car into neutral it sputtered a couple times like it was trying to light off. When cranking to get it off the flatbed at the dealer it even fired off and ran normally for a few seconds before dying and being unable to restart again. Any and all insight is much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 05:58 PM   #2
DADPAID
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

6 days later, we have a diagnosis… got a call earlier today that the fuel pressure sensor was still reading 7 bar even after all rail pressure was relieved. Stealership wants 2 hours of labor plus diagnostic and parts, putting me at $800+ out the door. Strongly considering changing the sensor by myself in the parking lot and calling it a day. Just hoping the EKPS or LPFP didn’t die as well like they’re suggesting. I guess we’ll see!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 01:22 PM   #3
Mannyc6
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADPAID View Post
6 days later, we have a diagnosis… got a call earlier today that the fuel pressure sensor was still reading 7 bar even after all rail pressure was relieved. Stealership wants 2 hours of labor plus diagnostic and parts, putting me at $800+ out the door. Strongly considering changing the sensor by myself in the parking lot and calling it a day. Just hoping the EKPS or LPFP didn’t die as well like they’re suggesting. I guess we’ll see!
Im having the same exact symptoms what was the fix?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 03:31 PM   #4
N4SR
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116D

BMW 116D No start

Hello, I'm new to bimmer post and can't figure out how to post a thread etc, but I am having the same issue.

My car lost its power whilst I was driving on the motorway and as I pulled over to the hard shoulder, the engine cut out on me and wouldn't start and displayed the following message: "starter/ignition fault"

When I try to start the car I can hear a clicking sound but the car refuses to turn over and I also have no power to the dash at all besides the I drive screen. I had my battery changed over a month ago, but for some reason, when I tried to turn the electrics on the car the next day, the battery percentage was on 10% (Hazard lights were on for a few hours)

any ideas on what's wrong with the car?

Car info:
BMW 116D 2014
Mileage: 92k

The car was in transport mode after the battery change but was in the process of changing the BST terminal due to a system warning from a long time ago and no other error messages.
Appreciate 0