E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Adrenaline Speed shift automatic transmission fluid experience

03-04-2023, 01:42 PM   #1
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Adrenaline Speed shift automatic transmission fluid experience

Hi,

Has anyone used this fluid in there transmission with good results? I was told its good for high powered cars to help reduce heat and slip. Supposed to work well in high torque cars or cars that just want better performance out of the trans. Please post feedback of your experience. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 07:19 PM   #2
zomski101
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

I've been using it for now over 140k miles after sutphin recommended it. No issues at all, works like the zf fluid I used previously. As far as the claims I can't really comment. Heat of the fluid seems to be the same and my trans never had slip issues that were cause by fluid.
      03-04-2023, 08:00 PM   #3
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomski101 View Post
I've been using it for now over 140k miles after sutphin recommended it. No issues at all, works like the zf fluid I used previously. As far as the claims I can't really comment. Heat of the fluid seems to be the same and my trans never had slip issues that were cause by fluid.
Excellent. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 05:21 PM   #4
ZXMarine72
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

We will see...

I just ordered some to do a fluid drain and fill on my 2018 M240i so I will report back on how it works. Not really expecting to see anything other than some slightly smoother shifts.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 06:30 PM   #5
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMarine72 View Post
I just ordered some to do a fluid drain and fill on my 2018 M240i so I will report back on how it works. Not really expecting to see anything other than some slightly smoother shifts.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 09:01 AM   #6
ZXMarine72
Enlisted Member
Rep

Solenoids - ZF8HP

For others looking at doing a fluid chang DIY - If you took a look at your adaptations and noticed the pressures were way off from normal consider changing out the solenoids in the mechatronic unit while you have the transmission open. I would also highly suggest if you are going to change these out that you avoid the chinese ones you will see online - Just get a kit from ZF and you should see considerable improvements - I watched a DIY on this from a guy that had like 160k on his ZF trans - He showed before and after shots of the adaptations and it was a huge improvement - I will link the YT video below for those that are interested:
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 02:58 PM   #7
ZXMarine72
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update on Adrenaline SS HSS

For those that may be wondering about this trans fluid and looking for info relative to the ZF8HP. My experiences with this transmission fluid have been extremely positive. I had a drain and fill (filter change) done at 90k on my 2018 M240i. My car is stage 2+ tuned and has been since about 20k miles. I don't launch my car but I do drive it aggresively. I was starting to see a shift flare in 3 to 4 and so I pulled the adaptations. I had several that were a little bit out of spec but nothing terrible. I knew I needed to do a fluid change so after reading up on things decided I would give this fluid a try. I also suspected I might be having some minor issues with several of the solenoids. Instead of replacing those this go around I opted instead to try HSS and to add some lubeguard red during the fluid change (lubeguard is highly regarded on the Bob is the oil Guy site). All I can say is WOW. It made an absolutely stunning difference in the performance of my trans which has been running a stage 3 trans tune since they became available. Even in sport plus with the higher shift pressures the shifts are lightning quick and smooth as hell. You can feel how firm it is still but there is zero jerkiness that was previously present. Unfortunately since I added the lubeguard red on top of the HSS I can't really attribute this change to a specific product but I am absolutely blown away at the difference this made in the overall performance of the trans. I specifically "DID NOT" reset adaptations based on XPH recommendations and I am very glad that I chose that. This performance change is clearly not a product of software differences. It is 100% down to the fluid changes. Highly recommend if your trans doesn't feel like it is operating at peak effeciency.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 02:04 AM   #8
deepblonde
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 35d

Quote:
For those that may be wondering about this trans fluid and looking for info relative to the ZF8HP. My experiences with this transmission fluid have been extremely positive. I had a drain and fill (filter change) done at 90k on my 2018 M240i. My car is stage 2+ tuned and has been since about 20k miles. I don't launch my car but I do drive it aggresively. I was starting to see a shift flare in 3 to 4 and so I pulled the adaptations. I had several that were a little bit out of spec but nothing terrible. I knew I needed to do a fluid change so after reading up on things decided I would give this fluid a try. I also suspected I might be having some minor issues with several of the solenoids. Instead of replacing those this go around I opted instead to try HSS and to add some lubeguard red during the fluid change (lubeguard is highly regarded on the Bob is the oil Guy site). All I can say is WOW. It made an absolutely stunning difference in the performance of my trans which has been running a stage 3 trans tune since they became available. Even in sport plus with the higher shift pressures the shifts are lightning quick and smooth as hell. You can feel how firm it is still but there is zero jerkiness that was previously present. Unfortunately since I added the lubeguard red on top of the HSS I can't really attribute this change to a specific product but I am absolutely blown away at the difference this made in the overall performance of the trans. I specifically "DID NOT" reset adaptations based on XPH recommendations and I am very glad that I chose that. This performance change is clearly not a product of software differences. It is 100% down to the fluid changes. Highly recommend if your trans doesn't feel like it is operating at peak effeciency.
How much Lubegard Red do you put in ? 10 ounces? Still going well? Any changes?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 08:23 AM   #9
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Hey, I've been running xhp stg 3 too for the last 2+ years. The hard shifts in sport + can be annoying especially part throttle. Did the fluid change help with part throttle and full throttle shifting? Pls update us on how the car is doing since then. Thanks.
Appreciate 0