E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 325i delayed response?

04-19-2024, 08:33 PM   #1
Bimmer325i
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i 2011

325i delayed response?

Hi all,

I'm experiencing something strange, but none of the mechanics I've been to were really interested.

This behaviour is related to accelerating from a low speed.

Example:
Going 60 or 70 kmh towards an intersection, turning left (in AUS - don't need to stop completely if no cars approaching), breaking down to quite a slow speed, but not stopping complete.

When I'm going to accelerate again, it feels like there is no immediate response from the car. Pressing down the pedal further, still what feels like nothing. Eventually, there is a gear change and the car goes. Revs jumping higher to what I would describe as "normal response".

I get this response almost always, to the point I rather stop fully, although there is plenty space before the next car approaches and would easily merge in.

The same behaviour can be "simulated" by going straight at speed, breaking fast and the push the accelerator again.

Feels like the car hesitates.

Other scenario (perhaps related):
Normal cruising speed, e.g. 70 or low revs, I would accelerate, pressing down gas, car accelerate, I give more gas, thinking the car would change gear down to up the revs, but nothing. Very slow acceleration. I'm almost all the way down with the pedal, before gear changes.

BMW did a software update, but no change at all.

Thanks in advance.

2010 E90 325i.
Auto
Appreciate 0