BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Rustom 8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Lightbulb New 1er owner needing wheel size advice

Just got a 2011 128i coupe as my first new car... absolutely love it. Im totally getting sucked into the car world with this beauty. When i first got it was thinking the car alone was fine but not i have a grocery list of things and $$ i wanna spend on it. Im planning on getting some new wheels for it first... especially after looking through the forums and seeing everyone setups, then looking back at my car... i definitely need new wheels for the summer.

Im a complete newbie to this. Iv looked at diagrams explaining all the numbers involved yet im still a bit confused. Hopefully someone can tell me the optimal setup for a 128, that i dont want to lower at the moment(but maybe later , with im thinking 18's would look 'natural'... although ill do 19's if they fit fine. Im thinking staggered would be a bit nicer. I want a setup that i dont have to deal with rubbing until i eventually lower it. Seen some others do 18 8.5 front 18 9.5 rear... not sure how offsets affect the fitment of the wheel.

After looking through the forums it seems that VMR's are very popular with 1ers... thinkin 713's would look nicest. Mine is jet black so i was thinking getting a matte or gloss black but mine isnt the sport package which i hear has the black trim. I have the chrome trim, which looks very nice. But i haven't seen a picture of black on black with the chrome trim. Thinking it would look weird. Is the trim removable? If not even hyper silver would prob look nice.

I was also thinking of instead of vmr, getting a black rim with a chrome lip, something like bbs rr(i know much more $$$)... thinking that would look awesome but would love to see if that exists first.

Appreciate any help
Appreciate 0