F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Official Foodie Thread
Studio RSR

01-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #397
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
I haven't had a flour tortilla in more than 20 days

AND I'M MEXICAN !!!!!
Keep up the good work man! It will definitely pay off!

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #398
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
I have decided that I am going to start counting calories again to lose the last 12 lbs. I would like to get really lean by summer. Here's what I ate for dinner tonight, guess how many calories was in all two plates?
Chicken and broccoli my arch nemesis!!! I'm guessing like 300 calories.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #399
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
I haven't had a flour tortilla in more than 20 days

AND I'M MEXICAN !!!!!
nice. i think your thumb looks a tiny bit skinnier than in previous pics lol
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #400
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Chicken and broccoli my arch nemesis!!! I'm guessing like 300 calories.
Not quite that low, but close, there was 150 calories worth of broccoli, and about 11 oz of chicken tenderloins (about 275 calories) , seasoned with mrs dash and chipolte seasoning, with no added sodium or oil. The combined total was 425 calories for two full plates of food.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #401
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Not quite that low, but close, there was 150 calories worth of broccoli, and about 11 oz of chicken tenderloins (about 275 calories) , seasoned with mrs dash and chipolte seasoning, with no added sodium or oil. The combined total was 425 calories for two full plates of food.
thats really solid for that much food, the chicken looks really good. mrs dash is one of my favs for seasoning. I love liquid aminos too as a salt substitute in marinades

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #402
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
thats really solid for that much food, the chicken looks really good. mrs dash is one of my favs for seasoning. I love liquid aminos too as a salt substitute in marinades
Yeah it just goes to show that it's pretty easy to stick to a 1500 calorie diet daily if you choose your food carefully, and any male can easily lose weight at 1500 calories a day.

For the chicken I just put it in a glass baking tray with a liberal amount of mrs dash, and some ground chipotle peppers, and popped it in the oven at 450, for about 34 minutes.

I also ate an ugly fruit, star fruit, and two mandarin oranges for dessert.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #403
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Ah more chicken and broccoli than I thought. When I was counting calories my dinner was around that much with 8oz of chicken breast and a cup of rice.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:46 PM   #404
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it just goes to show that it's pretty easy to stick to a 1500 calorie diet daily if you choose your food carefully, and any male can easily lose weight at 1500 calories a day.

For the chicken I just put it in a glass baking tray with a liberal amount of mrs dash, and some ground chipotle peppers, and popped it in the oven at 450, for about 34 minutes.

good stuff, i have a really cool recipe for crispy chicken strips thats a huge hit in my fam.
Take some chicken breast and cut it into strips. coat the chicken in hot sauce for a couple hours. Then dip the chicken in a mix of a beaten egg and then in a mix of 3 parts ground almond meal and 1 part panko bread crumbs. Bake in the oven at 350 and serve with desired dipping sauce. It tastes absolutely amazing if you season the almond meal properly

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 11:26 PM   #405
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
good stuff, i have a really cool recipe for crispy chicken strips thats a huge hit in my fam.
Take some chicken breast and cut it into strips. coat the chicken in hot sauce for a couple hours. Then dip the chicken in a mix of a beaten egg and then in a mix of 3 parts ground almond meal and 1 part panko bread crumbs. Bake in the oven at 350 and serve with desired dipping sauce. It tastes absolutely amazing if you season the almond meal properly
That recipe sounds good, I might have to try that!

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:07 AM   #406
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Attached Images

01-27-2014, 12:12 AM   #407
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
We finally had one open in Austin and they get business like they're some fancy, 3 Michelin star restaurant

I've visited a couple of times but the lines are often extending out the door and the drive thru has 20-30 min. wait times, so I've never actually eaten there (I'm not waiting 30 minutes for a $3 fast food burger).
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:33 AM   #408
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

^^ honestly I eat a lot of burgers and in and out just does it for me
Attached Images

01-27-2014, 12:38 AM   #409
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

^^Man that looks so good, I could definitely have an epic cheat meal there, but we don't have them in my area.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 01:16 AM   #410
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

truly blessed to have in n out in california, literally nothing beats their burger. idk what makes them so good but its addicting. Animal style everything

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 01:18 AM   #411
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo
^^Man that looks so good, I could definitely have an epic cheat meal there, but we don't have them in my area.
Haha those are the pics I remembered to take. I'm usually half way done before I remember a picture lol but I deff need to start cutting back.
      01-27-2014, 01:25 AM   #412
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Who here has had both Whataburger and In-n-out? How do you think it compares? I love Whataburger but waiting on it takes FOREVER.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #413
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Who here has had both Whataburger and In-n-out? How do you think it compares? I love Whataburger but waiting on it takes FOREVER.
I have.

1) INO is great, nuff said. really good burger. only think that pisses me off is the fact that their patties are weak as shit. they hide this fact by crushing the middle of the burger with cheese and veggies. but the meat itself tastes great, but you clearly are not taking in as much meat as Whataburger.

I don't think you can get a single patty burger at INO, but that's ok. if you go, bring some man hands and a man belly...

cool atmosphere - better than Whataburger. people that go to Whataburger want food, they don't care for the 50's diner type of atmosphere. but I do enjoy INO's attempt, so they win this one..

INO uses fresh veggies too, just like Whataburger, but they ruin everything by using fresh cut fries.

you ever eaten fresh cut fries during a meal ?? gross. they get soggy and wet and taste like mashed potatoes wrapped in paper. Five Guys ruined it by doing fresh cut fries too, yuk. I mean, if you LIKE soggy fries, then you'll love it. I personally do not prefer soggy fries...

INO burgers just freaking taste amazing - there is nothing that can be argued about that. INO sells burgers and fries and that's pretty much it, but they do a helluva job making it taste fucking awesome.

2) Whataburger is great too - the sheer combinations you can get from their meat/cheese/veggie selection is second to none.

I like the buns better at Whataburger too....there is more meat, but the meat itself doesn't taste as good as the INO meat. INO prolly spices it up a bit more....

Whataburger's menu is by FAR better than INO's though. they release items on the menu seasonally.

for example: Patty Melt, Monterrey Melt, A1 Thick & Hearty Burger, Chop House Cheddar Burger and my all time favorite, the fucking Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich

lastly, and the one thing that ultimately wins this competition, is the fact that at Whataburger, you can order a side of country gravy...

EVERY SINGLE MEAL I GET AT WHATABURGER comes with a side of country gravy - even if I have to pay for it

gravy on my chicken strips, gravy on my double meat Whataburger with cheese, no onions and jalapenos, gravy on my grilled chicken sandwich, etc.....

both places are perfectly acceptable places to eat and get your fat on, but each of them has a few more things that the other doesn't, which makes for a great debate in itself.......
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #414
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

Eh, with the amount of exercise I do, if I only ate 1500 calories in a day I think I would die.

I am a huge fan of turkey. You can get low fat turkey tenderloins and toss them in the crock pot with veggies and stuff for overnight, or put them in a pan and bake for a bit and serve with a side of veggies. Makes a great dinner, low fat but high in protein.

Pic below related: my go-to when I need a quick meal. Turkey breast tenderloins with a baked sweet potato and a side of steamed veggies (pepper all over to taste, no salt or any other spices).
Attached Images

01-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #415
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Eh, with the amount of exercise I do, if I only ate 1500 calories in a day I think I would die.
Hahah I hear you man, if you don't need to lose weight and you eat like that while exercising it would definitely not be good (well at least aesthetically, it might increase your lifespan though (google calorie restriction)), because you could become under weight. But, if you are trying to lose weight it will shed the pounds rapidly, I lost 1lb since yesterday, and I will probably be down another by tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I am a huge fan of turkey. You can get low fat turkey tenderloins and toss them in the crock pot with veggies and stuff for overnight, or put them in a pan and bake for a bit and serve with a side of veggies. Makes a great dinner, low fat but high in protein.

Pic below related: my go-to when I need a quick meal. Turkey breast tenderloins with a baked sweet potato and a side of steamed veggies (pepper all over to taste, no salt or any other spices).

I love turkey also, I really am a big fan of buying the 97% lean ground turkey and making green leaf lettuce wraps with turkey, pico de gallo, avocado, shredded carrots, and radishes as the fillings. Kind of like a taco.

Last edited by kingofthedemo; 01-27-2014 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #416
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
I love turkey also, I really am a big fan of buying the 97% lean ground turkey and making green leaf lettuce wraps with turkey, pico de gallo, avocado, shredded carrots, and radishes as the fillings. Kind of like a taco.
That's almost exactly what I had for lunch today, minus the avocado since I can't find any that aren't closer to being mush than a fruit lately.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #417
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
That's almost exactly what I had for lunch today, minus the avocado since I can't find any that aren't closer to being mush than a fruit lately.
Nice, those taste great and they are healthy!

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #418
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
I love turkey also, I really am a big fan of buying the 97% lean ground turkey
I get the 99/1 lean ground turkey as you will see below

Turkey Burgers, wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes and plain greek yogurt (substitute for mayonnaise).....

Appreciate 0