F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2012 F30 335i usb stick not recognized by idrive
proTUNING Freaks

12-13-2022, 02:57 PM   #1
mousefarmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 2006 330i

2012 F30 335i usb stick not recognized by idrive

I have two usb sticks that I have formatted to fat32 and copied mp3 files to the drives. When I plug in either the glovebox or armwrest usb, neither one is recognized. I see nothing under external devices and when I go to options and select music import, hit "ok" the screen just ignores it and nothing happens.

I don't see any error messages or anything. The battery has been low recently but I have it on trickle charger and it is full at the time of trying. Any ideas?

Not much has changed. BMW updated the system modules a while back and the other thing was I hooked one of those Progressive ODB2 device to the car for a short period of time to try and save money on insurance. Unfortunately, it caused random issues like the doors to lock and unlock so I disconnected after a few days. Everything has been fine since and this is the only thing so far that I've noticed. The stereo works fine otherwise. The USB drives light up so it looks like they are getting power.

Last edited by mousefarmer; 12-13-2022 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 11:17 PM   #2
mousefarmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 2006 330i

I got it working after plugging in my third thumb drive. My third thumb drive is USB 3.0 and formatted NTFS. The other was USB 2.0 and I had it formatted FAT32.

Now I have to figure out how to get back the latest idrive version. I deleted all the music and reverted to the previous idrive version after having the issue with the USB sticks.

Now if I put in the VIN number on BMW it shows no updates available even though I'm on the older version. Does anyone know how to get the latest update since the BMW website won't provide the link to it?
Appreciate 0