F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > The Stanley Cup Playoff Thread
Extreme Powerhouse

04-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #155
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitthemark41 View Post
yeah I would agree with that...but look what the Ducks did in Game 3 in Dallas...3 goals in the first. I'm not talking about just playing hard...they would have to finish and put the puck in the net. Oh...and that whole "we will own you in your building" thing...we will SEE! :reposthorse:
We will see indeed. 430 cannot come soon enough.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #156
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
We will see indeed. 430 cannot come soon enough.
lol...I hear ya....!:headbang:

2008 (Year 1 of the One ) 135i
Black Sapphire Metallic/Savanna Beige/
Gray Poplar/6MT/Sports & Premium pkgs/CA/Heated Seats/HD/PDC
Mods:35% tint / clear bra / Perf. pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #157
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

So far, so good. I hope we can kill the rest of this penalty off to start the third and keep bringing it.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #158
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

We should have won that game already. That first disallowed goal was bullshit.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #159
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
We should have won that game already. That first disallowed goal was bullshit.
dude the ref blew the whistle a good few seconds before that was shoved over...as a hockey fan you KNOW how often refs blow that "quick whistle" Game 3 is over when the next puck goes in. But...as I said...Nabby DID show up tonight...just like I knew he would.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #160
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

overtime.....oh noes
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:23 PM   #161
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
overtime.....oh noes
yeah...just more time for both teams to beat each other up...I know YOU are happy lol....hey..Forsberg is playing tonight...better watch out!

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #162
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Dallas can thank the refs for that one.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #163
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

OK NOW IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::drinking:

(sorry but with the wins comes the braggin' rights)

BS on the refs comment...most calls went the sharks way and you know it....I saw multiple interference calls and holding the stick that werent blown....hell even the SHARKS announcers said San Jose got away with one late in the 3rd....

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #164
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

Jewpac:

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #165
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

Quote:
yeah...just more time for both teams to beat each other up...I know YOU are happy lol....hey..Forsberg is playing tonight...better watch out!
2-1 WINGS.......GO

btw....whistle blew
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #166
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
2-1 WINGS.......GO

btw....whistle blew
Thank you rabbit lol....I'm glad someone ELSE heard it haha

btw...funny shit about the boat.....and yeah...I see the 2-1...Budaj anyone?

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 05:15 AM   #167
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

WINGS 3 - 0 WOOT
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #168
spongeWorthy
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Dallas can thank the refs for that one.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #169
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
OK NOW IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::drinking:

(sorry but with the wins comes the braggin' rights)

BS on the refs comment...most calls went the sharks way and you know it....I saw multiple interference calls and holding the stick that werent blown....hell even the SHARKS announcers said San Jose got away with one late in the 3rd....
It is over, Dallas was the better team, they wanted it more and played like it. However the goal disallowed in the first period due to the refs imcompetency and laziness ended up costing us the game.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #170
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

Quote:
It is over, Dallas was the better team, they wanted it more and played like it. However the goal disallowed in the first period due to the refs imcompetency and laziness ended up costing us the game.
Jewpac, it isn't over. They can win the next one and keep rolling. I will start to root for them.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #171
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Jewpac, it isn't over. They can win the next one and keep rolling. I will start to root for them.
Its been done twice before, once in 1942 and once in 1975, those two occurances were 33 years apart. Its not 2008, 33 years ago was the last time it happened, so it is destiny to happen again.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #172
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Well obviously I'd love to see a sweep..esp since it's pretty clear the Wings aren't going to get alot of competition from the 'lanche haha. But it's not over till 4 wins are in the books...hopefully Tippett is stressing THAT today...showing up and taking things for granted won't cut it. As for the goal...I've been on both sides too..not saying I wouldn't be pissed..but ya know GREAT teams don't let those things become a problem...they just score another. San Jose DID have a great year...in the regular season...but it's pretty clear that in the playoffs they lacked something (focus, drive..who knows). As scrappy is Calgary is, there's no way that first series should have gone 7 games...the Sharks are just much better on paper. Period.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #173
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Well obviously I'd love to see a sweep..esp since it's pretty clear the Wings aren't going to get alot of competition from the 'lanche haha. But it's not over till 4 wins are in the books...hopefully Tippett is stressing THAT today...showing up and taking things for granted won't cut it. As for the goal...I've been on both sides too..not saying I wouldn't be pissed..but ya know GREAT teams don't let those things become a problem...they just score another. San Jose DID have a great year...in the regular season...but it's pretty clear that in the playoffs they lacked something (focus, drive..who knows). As scrappy is Calgary is, there's no way that first series should have gone 7 games...the Sharks are just much better on paper. Period.
That post blaming the refs was in anger right after the game was over. Ron Wilson is a great regular season coach, but he doesnt have what it takes to guide a team through playoff series we should win. We should have taken Calgary in 5, and probably would have if that Phaneuf boarding non-call had been called in game three, becuase if it had, the Sarich hit probably wouldnt have happened and that game would have been won by the Sharks. The Sharks are not better on paper, they are better in the regular season when it isn't crunch time. They dont have the determination or grit to get it done when it counts, and for that I look to the coach. Patty has done all he can, so has JR and Joe just isn't getting any help from his wingers so defenders concentrate on him and he cant win games by himself. There is going to be a massivbe shakeup in our organization this summer and expect a very different product on the ice next year. The only two people who I know for sure will be back are Nabby and Joe, and probably Mitchell, Setoguchi as well.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #174
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
That post blaming the refs was in anger right after the game was over. Ron Wilson is a great regular season coach, but he doesnt have what it takes to guide a team through playoff series we should win. We should have taken Calgary in 5, and probably would have if that Phaneuf boarding non-call had been called in game three, becuase if it had, the Sarich hit probably wouldnt have happened and that game would have been won by the Sharks. The Sharks are not better on paper, they are better in the regular season when it isn't crunch time. They dont have the determination or grit to get it done when it counts, and for that I look to the coach. Patty has done all he can, so has JR and Joe just isn't getting any help from his wingers so defenders concentrate on him and he cant win games by himself. There is going to be a massivbe shakeup in our organization this summer and expect a very different product on the ice next year. The only two people who I know for sure will be back are Nabby and Joe, and probably Mitchell, Setoguchi as well.
well if it's one thing I understand, it's post game (loss) anger trust me! lol...ask my basement door haha. As for the paper thing, I was referring to them vs Calgary...but that's just my opinion...I guess seeing them more (Pacific division) prob leads me to think that though (I didnt watch all of their first round, but I had heard there were some questionable calls and penalties that kept that series more alive than it should have been). I don't think there will be MAJOR changes ON the ice next year...they get alot of praise for how they run their organization (scouting, player development, etc) I DO think you are right about the coaching though..expectations can be a coach killer if you don't meet them, and I think a fresh face is going to be a requirement for San Jose behind the bench. But, like I said...it is a STEEP uphill climb, but it's not over. And if it DOES end..we most likely get Detroit..lucky us, huh ! lol

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #175
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
well if it's one thing I understand, it's post game (loss) anger trust me! lol...ask my basement door haha. As for the paper thing, I was referring to them vs Calgary...but that's just my opinion...I guess seeing them more (Pacific division) prob leads me to think that though (I didnt watch all of their first round, but I had heard there were some questionable calls and penalties that kept that series more alive than it should have been). I don't think there will be MAJOR changes ON the ice next year...they get alot of praise for how they run their organization (scouting, player development, etc) I DO think you are right about the coaching though..expectations can be a coach killer if you don't meet them, and I think a fresh face is going to be a requirement for San Jose behind the bench. But, like I said...it is a STEEP uphill climb, but it's not over. And if it DOES end..we most likely get Detroit..lucky us, huh ! lol

I dont see how that was not boarding, he hit a player from behind, into the boards and he left his feet. But Im not getting into that argument again.

Wilson has led us to several great regular seasons, and into the second round 4 years in a row, but thats all he seems to be able to do. We need someone with some grit, someone who shows some emotion behind the bench rather than just sitting stone faced like he has no clue what the fuck is going on. I would be surprised to see a similar makeup in terms of our players. Joe will be back, Clowe will be back, Pavelski will be back and I would love to see JR in teal again next year, however, beyond that seeing anyone else go would not be a surprise to me. Ehrhoff has a lot of potential, but he needs consistency, on some nights he is the best defensemen on the ice, on others, like last night, you would think they picked a guy out of the stands to play on the blue line. Carle needs some work, he has to potential to be a Brian Campbell/Sergei Gonchar type player, but I think he needs some on ice mentoring from a player of that caliber which is why I believe we need to resign Campbell next year. I think Rivet must be injured or somethign becuase he just does not seem himself lately. But mostly, we need a Thomas Holmstrom/Ryan Smyth type forward whose only mission in the offensive zone is to get in front of the goaltender. I think Ryane Clowe can be that guy, but he isnt going to do it unless someone tells him to.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #176
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

I dont see how that was not boarding, he hit a player from behind, into the boards and he left his feet. But Im not getting into that argument again.

Wilson has led us to several great regular seasons, and into the second round 4 years in a row, but thats all he seems to be able to do. We need someone with some grit, someone who shows some emotion behind the bench rather than just sitting stone faced like he has no clue what the fuck is going on. I would be surprised to see a similar makeup in terms of our players. Joe will be back, Clowe will be back, Pavelski will be back and I would love to see JR in teal again next year, however, beyond that seeing anyone else go would not be a surprise to me. Ehrhoff has a lot of potential, but he needs consistency, on some nights he is the best defensemen on the ice, on others, like last night, you would think they picked a guy out of the stands to play on the blue line. Carle needs some work, he has to potential to be a Brian Campbell/Sergei Gonchar type player, but I think he needs some on ice mentoring from a player of that caliber which is why I believe we need to resign Campbell next year. I think Rivet must be injured or somethign becuase he just does not seem himself lately. But mostly, we need a Thomas Holmstrom/Ryan Smyth type forward whose only mission in the offensive zone is to get in front of the goaltender. I think Ryane Clowe can be that guy, but he isnt going to do it unless someone tells him to.
yeah boarding, charging, or elbowing...SOMETHING...wow. But it WAS in Canada...if you know what I mean lol. I'd agree...Campbell is a must sign. Those deadline deal players always flourish after they have been in the system for more than a few months (i.e. Mattias Nordstrum not to rub salt of course). I suppose time will tell..but you are right...SOMEONE def needs to be that agitator in front of the net...and KNOW their role without constantly being guided there (maybe taking the C off Marleau..not that he's not a great player...but someone with more grit helps facilitate that attitude...kinda like Morrow and the Stars. Doesn't work EVERY game of course, but on the whole, it's not a bad idea)

Appreciate 0