BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

07-25-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
PlzExcuseM3
Private
Rep
Drives: AW E46 M3

FT: High-HP Freshly Rebuilt Evo VIII (~3,000mi)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 24.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posting for a good buddy of mine. He's looking to trade for a M3 so I figured I'd try and help him out by throwing in on here. All of his info is at the bottom of the extremely detailed add he wrote up. Thanks for looking!

Up for trade is my 2004 Evo VIII GSR. I'm hoping to get either a late-model E46 M3 or earlier model E92 M3. I estimate the value of this car around $26,000 as it sits. Mods and details below.

VIN: JA3AH86D54U060830

Current Modifications:

Drivetrain:
AMS 2.3RR Stroker Motor (10.1:1 Compression)
Manley Internals
FP Black BB Ported Turbo
Shep Racing Stage 3 Transfer Case
Shep Racing Rear Diff
AMS Fuel Rail
Injector Dynamics 2200CC Injectors
Head Games Head Complete Stage 3
Rev 3 Intake Manifold
JM Fabrications Custom Intercooler Piping
Slowboy Racing FMIC
JM Fabrications Oil Catch Can
Exedy Twin-Disc HD Clutch
Shep Racing Stage 3 Transmission
Busher Racing Double-Pumper Fuel Pump
APR Fuel Filter
DNP Exhaust Manifold
DC Motorsports 3" Down-Pipe
Tomie Titanium Exhaust System
Megan Racing Performance Radiator
Spark-Tech Non-CDI COP Ignition System
NGK Iridium's (One-Step Colder)
Tuned For E85
ARP L19 Head Studs

Suspension:
Stance Pro-Comp Stage 3 GR+ Coilover's (32-way/3-Way Dampening)
Front and Rear Strut Braces
C-Pillar Internal Stabilizer

Wheels:
Toyo Proxy R888's (255/35 - 18x9.5) on Enkie NT-03 Rims (Powder-Coated Black)

Interior:
Fully Custom Roll Cage
5-point Quick-Release Harnesses
Back-Seat Delete/Fully Gutted Interior
GENIUNE Bride Low-Max Racing Seats
NRG Quick-Release Steering Wheel and Hub
AEM True Boost Gauge and Boost Controller
AEM Air/Fuel Gauge
Precision Motorsports Oil Pressure Gauge

Exterior:
Voltex Side-Skirts
Voltex Rear Diffuser
Varis Front Lip
House of Colors Custom Paint Job -- M3 Alpine White
Wingless/Keyless Trunk

The car received its break-in map at EFI Logics in CT. It was later tuned once more at Prime Motorsports in NJ by JR. The car made 530whp/450ft-lb on a relatively conservative tune with zero correction on a Mustang Dynamometer. This roughly equates to ~640-650whp on a Dynojet Dynamometer (just for comparison). There's plenty of room to up the power on the car. It's built to handle more.

As the car sits, there's 3,xxx miles on all major components. Everything was rebuilt when the odometer read 121,400. It currently reads 124,600. The engine, transmission, and all freshly rebuilt/new parts have been broken in properly according to manufacturer guidelines. The clutch is new, the tires are new, literally everything is new. The turbo is brand new and has less than 100 miles on it (It was installed on 6/15/14). The oil has been replaced every 1,000 miles thus far with Valvoline VR-1 Synthetic Racing Oil. The car runs smoothly. There is only one notable mechanical issue and it is with gear number three. The gear is notchy upon engagement and has been so ever since I received the transmission back from Jack's, the facility that rebuilt it. It is not a major issue but it should be noted. All other gears show no similar symptoms and function normally (no grinds, no notchiness, no difficult engagement). Due to the setup, it has to be baby'd on a cold start but after a few minutes it idles perfectly fine. It is completely road-legal and currently inspected in NYS. The car recently had the paint treated and it was properly detailed. There is one section on the driver-side side-skirt where unfortunately some paint peeled off. Also, the powder-coating on a few sections of the wheels is beginning to peel off. Over-all, the exterior is in very good shape.

This car will scare you with how fast it is. It's a very hard-core car. It's not designed for comfort, it's designed for lap times and quarter-mile runs. It's ready to race. It handles like a go-cart; the suspension setup and the combination with the R888's makes this thing corner harder than any other car I've ever been in. It's a very sensory driving experience; you can hear everything, you can feel everything -- there's a ton of input from the car so you know exactly what it's doing, even when pushing it. It's a true driver's car.

I had planned on seeing many track days and drag runs but I don't see myself getting out there enough to make the car worth-while. It doesn't deserve to be the garage queen it is now. I'm hoping the next owner can really tap into this car's potential on the track. The car, if you break down each component, as well as labor and other miscellaneous charges, has almost $80,000 into it. Remember, every major component is essentially new. I have receipts and documentation showing all major work done to the car to verify this claim. I am open to trading for a late-model BMW M3, preferably an E46 or an E92. I am located in Albany, NY. You're welcome to come see the car. I'm willing to ship within reasonable distance (most of the NE area). For further distances, something can be worked out. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I can be reached via text at 518-577-8815, a PM, or email at JustinCestra@Yahoo.com - If you email me, please make the subject "Evo VIII". I am happy to address and answer all questions and concerns.

More pictures can be found at the following link:
View post on imgur.com
- I am happy to take more of specific things upon request.

Let me know what you have! Thanks

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pending...

Nicely done car, but not a lot of cross-pollination between Evo & M3 types on this forum--I'm sure I'm in the minority owning both cars...

GLWT
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
PlzExcuseM3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1 View Post
Nicely done car, but not a lot of cross-pollination between Evo & M3 types on this forum--I'm sure I'm in the minority owning both cars...

GLWT
Yeah I also know this but I figured it was worth a small shot. If not no big deal! Just trying to get him in a BMW ASAP
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
RINTAXI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3

Completely two types of car. Good luck with sale tho

6MT FTW
KW Clubsport / Apex ARC-8 / NT-01 / IPE / Sabelt GT-140 / GTS wing / GT4 lip / Challenge harness bar / IND cosmetic package / M performance steering wheel / Hawk DTC-70
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 02:16 AM   #5
boostedM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

I owned an VIII and an E92. I had loads of fun with my Evo. Hopefully you'll find someone interested in a super fun car! GLWS
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #6
PlzExcuseM3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINTAXI View Post
Completely two types of car. Good luck with sale tho
absolutely no arguing that at all!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #7
PlzExcuseM3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedM View Post
I owned an VIII and an E92. I had loads of fun with my Evo. Hopefully you'll find someone interested in a super fun car! GLWS
Thank you! Buddy really wants an e92. This car is ridiculously fun.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #8
PlzExcuseM3
Private
Rep

UPDATE: My friend said he will be rebuilding the transmission to help sell the car that way everything on it is practically new. He will up his price by around 2 grand or so but still would rather trade. Thanks!
Appreciate 0