E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Transmission Valvebody for Alpina Flash for pre 03/07 build date

11-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Transmission Valvebody for Alpina Flash for pre 03/07 build date

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 750.00
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Do you have a pre 03/07 build and want the Alpina Flash....This is the solution I installed on my early build 335i so I could run the flash.
I have a valve body from a 08 ZF Automatic transmission (54k miles) that has the Alpina Flash already on it. I am deciding if I am going sell it with the vehicle or part it out depending of if there is interest.... so this is a bit of a feeler I would need a week or so to get it off the car with my work schedule.

Price is $750 shipped

The install is about a 2-3 hour process not bad, I have the instructions from ZF which I can provide you.

This part new from the dealer is $2400 (I looked into it) otherwise you would have to purchase an entire used transmission to get the valve body (like I did) which are around the $1500 shipped.

I also have the entire transmission with 54k miles (I never used)

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
Do you have a pre 03/07 build and want the Alpina Flash....This is the solution I installed on my early build 335i so I could run the flash.
I have a valve body from a 08 ZF Automatic transmission (54k miles) that has the Alpina Flash already on it. I am deciding if I am going sell it with the vehicle or part it out depending of if there is interest.... so this is a bit of a feeler I would need a week or so to get it off the car with my work schedule.

Price is $750 shipped

The install is about a 2-3 hour process not bad, I have the instructions from ZF which I can provide you.

This part new from the dealer is $2400 (I looked into it) otherwise you would have to purchase an entire used transmission to get the valve body (like I did) which are around the $1500 shipped.

I also have the entire transmission with 54k miles (I never used)
so 03/07 builds cannot be coded for the alpina flash?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky View Post
so 03/07 builds cannot be coded for the alpina flash?
Yes, post 03/07 build the transmission had a new part number specifically the value body was a next generation and had the Alpina software embedded in the TCU. If you go back in the thread and read Pre 03/07builds cannot flash
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM

Quote:
Yes, post 03/07 build the transmission had a new part number specifically the value body was a next generation and had the Alpina software embedded in the TCU. If you go back in the thread and read Pre 03/07builds cannot flash
oh damn, so that answers my question on why i couldnt code the alpina flash. So i'm not trying to thread check, but can i still code other things, like an LCI tail light conversion? etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
Markyd83
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky
Quote:
oh damn, so that answers my question on why i couldnt code the alpina flash. So i'm not trying to thread check, but can i still code other things, like an LCI tail light conversion? etc.
Yes just but not alpina flash

where was this 2 months ago before I parted out my car because I didn't want to spend a ton of money so I could do upgraded turbos and the alpina flash. Damn

Free bump
Appreciate 0