E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > I just got my car fixed from the mechanic 3 days ago for a mild coolant leak, and now

01-30-2024, 06:27 PM   #1
1flyguy
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I just got my car fixed from the mechanic 3 days ago for a mild coolant leak, and now

I went to a recommended mechanic and explained that I have a mild coolant leak which was noticed and photo'd by a previous mechanic. This mechanic said they would do a “pressure test” to identify the cause of the leak. After supposedly checking and determining that it was a crack in my radiator and that they would need to replace the radiator and hose which would entail fix the leak for $600+ which I paid via credit card. I returned home parked the car; a few hours later I returned to the car started it up and the low coolant light lit up, I poured coolant into the car and noticed the coolant is just pouring out underneath the car. This is not a fix leaked, this is not a mild leak, it’s now heavily leaking. It went from a mild leak premechanic repair to full blown leak post mechanic repair. I immediately called the mechanic the following morning and explained the issue to which they said I would need to pay for a tow back to them to see what's wrong. I paid to tow the car and once the car arrived, the shop looked at the car again and explained that one of the hoses busted/broke and that they were able to replace it for me same day because they had a spare free of charge. I asked again would I have another issue they said no I should be fine. Once again, I returned home and parked the car. Today, l return to the car to drive, 15 or so minutes into driving, the car starts making louder than usual engine noises (assuming its the fan trying to keep the engine cool) and as I continue to drive that symbol in the attached photo pops up and my car stalls/shuts off and refused to start. I again see coolant leaking out the bottoms my car and splattered all over the engine. I call the mechanic in frustration because it doesn't make sense how my car is now more worse than before in regards to the initial mold coolant leak yet you guys claim you fixed the issue twice. The mechanic once again says I need to tow the car again on my dime so they can figure out what the issue is. I asked aren't there protocols to determine what the issue is before you go and fix it (hence the pressure test), to which they reply the pressure can’t determine all the issues as to why the coolant is leaking. Ok cool, but why is worse than before after you guys looked at it twice?! Are we really looking for the problem or bandaiding the issue? I could e lived the the mild coolant leak a bit longer than having the car hold no coolant anymore after a botched repair. They asked me to tow the car back and leave it with them but I don’t feel comfortable doing that because who know what more problems they may cause when I’m not there. They also broke my front grill replacing the the radiator which I also just noticed. What should I do?!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 09:29 PM   #2
kaitka0806
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi

Hiya. I'm curious, how did this get resolved, assuming it did?
Appreciate 0