BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-04-2024, 05:26 PM   #1
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Engine is self-revving

Hi All,

Got the half engine light today driving at 40mph going uphill. There was no reduced power, car is running strong. Engine Error Code was CCID 29, which is a low fuel pressure code. The error code self cleared about a mile later, driving at freeway speeds. Still no power loss.

My HPFP has maybe 5,000 miles on it. Car fires up instantly, there is no crank delay.

I've barely driven the car for 2 years because it took a certain shop 15 months of incorrect diagnosis before I was actually able to find out that the EKP was bad (at a different shop). The car has been a beast since that was fixed.

After the Engine light and code disappeared, the Service Engine Soon light turned on and now has stayed on over 10 miles of driving and 6 stop/start cycles. It's still on, happened about an hour ago (ON MY WAY TO GET SMOGGED!!!!!). The car is also self revving when I start it, going from about 1k rpm to 1,500 rpm. It's happened on the last three starts.

I highly doubt it's the HPFP because of the fast crank. My suspicion is fuel.

Background, my mods are in my sig. I found a good smog place, so the dp and all mods are on the car. But I did flash the ECU from the stage 2+ e30 tune to factory tune for 91 oct. That was about 30 miles ago. The car had some e85 in it when I tuned it back to stock with MHD. It's been idling at start a little weird lately. I put about 6 gallons of 91 in her 2 weeks ago. and she's right under a half tank.

Has anyone experienced CCID 29 where the problem wasn't the HPFP? Anyone resolved this code before with similar symptoms?