Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-06-2024, 01:28 PM   #1
CJStevens
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

AST Adjustsble Springs. Anyone have any input?

Was about to buy BMW HAS springs and then recently saw the new Evolve video showcasing the AST adjustable springs. Has anyone installed these and have any feedback? Interested in the quality and the ride. I know a lot of people like the KW HAS but as I don’t really track the car so the higher spring rate on them over the BMW HAS turns me away from them. Looking to keep a similar spring rate to stock as it’s mostly just a normal driving/messing around car. Not looking for maximum spring rate for tracking. Any input is always appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 01:43 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

we got it in stock, but have not sold many to give you an honest feedback

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 01:46 PM   #3
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStevens View Post
Was about to buy BMW HAS springs and then recently saw the new Evolve video showcasing the AST adjustable springs. Has anyone installed these and have any feedback? Interested in the quality and the ride. I know a lot of people like the KW HAS but as I don’t really track the car so the higher spring rate on them over the BMW HAS turns me away from them. Looking to keep a similar spring rate to stock as it’s mostly just a normal driving/messing around car. Not looking for maximum spring rate for tracking. Any input is always appreciated.
What’s the spring rates for the KW and MP HAS kits?

They’ll all have higher spring rates than stock because they have to be capable of dealing with reduced suspension travel at their lowest settings.

AST is a solid company so their quality should match other HAS kits. Haven’t seen any spring rates but I believe its max lowering is less than KW.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 02:20 AM   #4
Matt@Evolve
Rep

Drives: F82 M4, E36 M3 Touring, Z3

We supply and sell the kit, you saw Imran’s impressions in the video and the owner has since given feedback that they are really happy with them. This is from an owner who daily drives the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 08:01 AM   #5
CJStevens
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Evolve View Post
We supply and sell the kit, you saw Imran’s impressions in the video and the owner has since given feedback that they are really happy with them. This is from an owner who daily drives the car.
Has he said anything about the ride quality? Are they stiff and bouncy and track style or are they a softer more daily driving type of spring?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 08:31 AM   #6
Matt@Evolve
Rep

Drives: F82 M4, E36 M3 Touring, Z3

She hasn’t made any negative comments about the ride quality. It being an M3 CS does obviously have the CS EDC coding which people talk positively about for lowering springs.
Appreciate 0