E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 tans issue???

03-11-2024, 09:07 AM   #1
joelcourt1
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

E90 tans issue???

Hi I have a 08 bmw e90 320d auto and after recently fixing my abs issue. Both rear sensors and rings. About a week later I started my car in the morning my revs jumped around I’m assuming this is due to my glow plug issue. I set off and it was said I was giving more gas then I actual was and my gear Changes were rough, when I reached about 3rd/4th gear I got a trans fault - 4f89 and I could not change out of 4th gear. I then turned my car off and on and everything was back to Normal ass gears changing perfect. The next day after work the same thing happened so now I have been letting my car idle for 2-3 mins before setting off and I am experiencing no issues whatsoever. Apart from it feels like my car is holding speed as if cruise control is activated I’m not sure if this is just my mind playing tricks on me and it’s always done this however.

The only other issue I have had which happens only after initially setting off and not idling is when I come to a stop and then depress the brake to being moving again it my car jolts and then sets off like I’m being hit from behind, this worsened since the fault code came through.

Again all these issue only happen when initially setting off without idling other then that it’s perfect
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 12:24 PM   #2
LanDzia
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Possibly sticky solenoids.
I've seen a fair share of such reports, with same or similar code where solenoid alongside all seals etc of mechatronic unit was changed and trans started working like new.

Research your code on this forum and you'll see plenty of evidence.

I've got something similar, however it triggers after harsh accelerating and decelerating multiple times once trans is on optimal temperature. For now I'm avoiding racing and trnas behaves just fine until I'm ready for this job.
Appreciate 0