E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > steering wheel loosing color

08-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
._.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

steering wheel loosing color

Anyone ever have the issue where the black dye on the steering wheel is wearing off? Its worn of in small spots right now. I've found the Leatherique steering wheel restoration kit, has anyone ever used it or can suggest an alternative.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Krells
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Is the dye really gone? I have seen dirt, dead skin, sun screen residue that have made wheels look nasty but if the dye is gone you will need to clean it then dye the sections that are damaged. I have use leatherique cleaning products before and they took a good amount of dirt out of my "clean" leather. Cleaning and conditioning it can't hurt and should keep it from getting any worse.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

You may try cleaning the steering wheel with a mixture of water and woolite first to see if the dye is really gone or if it's just embedded dirt as the poster above mentioned. I cleaned out a family member's car last year and also thought her steering wheel was fading, but after wiping it down with a water and woolite mixture it was completely clean and black again.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0