E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > non-idrive to cic retrofit issue

09-27-2023, 05:24 PM   #1
arilamar95
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 335i

non-idrive to cic retrofit issue

i recently converted my 2007 e90 335i non-idrive to cic used harness from nours website which i think nick makes. coded everything and all works but no sound for fm/am or aux. bluetooth calling audio works, chime works but no audio for music. also when i go into aux i can not put volume up it will not allow me to. anyone know what i may be experiencing?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 01:19 PM   #2
madderhorn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328xi Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by arilamar95 View Post
i recently converted my 2007 e90 335i non-idrive to cic used harness from nours website which i think nick makes. coded everything and all works but no sound for fm/am or aux. bluetooth calling audio works, chime works but no audio for music. also when i go into aux i can not put volume up it will not allow me to. anyone know what i may be experiencing?
I did this exact swap myself and one thing that I had to personally do was code the cic headunit to my car. There are threads that can go into more detail about what specifically to do. Usually if it wont play it is due to the cic unit being from a car with different speakers than you do now and you have to change some letters around in coding to make it match yours. Hopefully this is usefull to you.
Appreciate 0