proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-22-2024, 09:49 AM   #1
wemfo
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Mineral White

Anyone used Bosch HPFP's?

Has anyone used the BOSCH HPFP’s? Looks like my HPFP’s failed so looking to replace them for cheaper than the OEM ones.

High pressure fuel pump
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 11:14 AM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wemfo View Post
Has anyone used the BOSCH HPFP’s? Looks like my HPFP’s failed so looking to replace them for cheaper than the OEM ones.

High pressure fuel pump
I believe the OEM is bosh.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ch-13517847204

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 11:28 AM   #3
wemfo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
This one says brand: Genuine BMW so I’m guessing not, especially looking at the price difference haha. Just trying to save some money & make sure Bosch makes a good quality product since it’s much cheaper

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Intake-Fuel/Fuel-Filters/High-Pressure-Fuel-Pump-F80-M3-F82-F83-M4-F87-M2-Comp-S55-Engine.html
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 11:42 AM   #4
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
This one says brand: Genuine BMW so I’m guessing not, especially looking at the price difference haha. Just trying to save some money & make sure Bosch makes a good quality product since it’s much cheaper

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Intake-F...55-Engine.html
OE is the same as Genuine just minus the logo. So that logo seems to be an extra 700 dollars LOL but the Bosh OE part is the original part from the factory.

Here is a good article between Genuine vs OE vs OEM.

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/benefits-of...m-over-genuine

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1
wemfo1.50
      03-22-2024, 11:50 AM   #5
wemfo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
OE is the same as Genuine just minus the logo. So that logo seems to be an extra 700 dollars LOL but the Bosh OE part is the original part from the factory.

Here is a good article between Genuine vs OE vs OEM.

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/benefits-of...m-over-genuine
Oh wow sweet. I didn’t know that haha. Thank you! So the one I posted is good & basically the exact same thing they use from factory except for the fact it’s not directly from BMW? That makes me a bit more comfortable going with that. I just saw the huge price difference & it had me skeptical haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 01:11 PM   #6
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Oh wow sweet. I didn’t know that haha. Thank you! So the one I posted is good & basically the exact same thing they use from factory except for the fact it’s not directly from BMW? That makes me a bit more comfortable going with that. I just saw the huge price difference & it had me skeptical haha.
BMW doesn't make parts lol. BOSCH made the one with the BMW Logo and the one without. They will just charge you 700 dollars for a logo since this is an OE part and not an OEM part.

Appreciate 1
wemfo1.50
      03-22-2024, 04:30 PM   #7
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:

High pressure fuel pump
Curious what symptons you experienced with your failing HPFP? Recently mine making funny noises at low RPMs but otherwise engine performance is fine.

Glad the forum was able to save you some $$ with OE vs Genuine.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 04:33 PM   #8
wemfo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
Curious what symptons you experienced with your failing HPFP? Recently mine making funny noises at low RPMs but otherwise engine performance is fine.

Glad the forum was able to save you some $$ with OE vs Genuine.
Dude I was driving last night & the car just completely sputtered out & turned off in the middle of the road. It would try & turn over but couldn’t. Had to get it towed.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2024, 09:54 PM   #9
jwagman1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 Sedan YMB

Quote:
Dude I was driving last night & the car just completely sputtered out & turned off in the middle of the road. It would try & turn over but couldn’t. Had to get it towed.
Mine did the same and it was just my ethanol sensor shorting canbus com. Like I said on FB, get it checked out by a reputable tech before spending 1400 on HPFPs.
Appreciate 1
wemfo1.50