E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Dension Gateway 500 fitted. Need some help!

11-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Dension Gateway 500 fitted. Need some help!

Went to see Makkan a few days ago and he fitted my Dension amongst a few other things. No need for me to say how good he was i'm sure most people know.

The dension is great. I now have USB audio and can connect/control my iPhone 5 from the HU and play music from it.

I now want to wire the iphone cable from the Dension and into the arm rest. I've tried to look for DIYs but i can't seem to find any. Does anyone know how i can do it?

I have also noticed something strange when playing music from my iphone. Most of the time it works fine. Just sometimes, when its playing through my phone, the connection between the iphone and dension is disrupted. The music stops playing and the dension switches to aux (as it doesnt sense an iphone). However the iphone is still being charged! I have found that if i turn my phone off and on, it starts working again. I have also noticed that it happens when i choose to play a track that's over an hour in length. It does happen on other tracks but that's one i've noticed it happens most of the time.

Would appreciate your help
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

I copy tracks onto a 32gb USB stick & have the Dension USB in the glove box, works very well that way
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Mo
Try with usb and see if it happens.
Also try it with ipod / iphone 4 and see if it happens.
If it keep charging, then voltage is there but for some reason the pathway breaks b.w iphone and dension.

Is the dension still under warranty?

Also worth of looking if they allow users to update the firmware on the dension device itself?
      11-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Mo
Try with usb and see if it happens.
Also try it with ipod / iphone 4 and see if it happens.
If it keep charging, then voltage is there but for some reason the pathway breaks b.w iphone and dension.

Is the dension still under warranty?

Also worth of looking if they allow users to update the firmware on the dension device itself?
Well i bought it off here so i dont think there's warranty. It did come with a receipt though so i will check.

Good idea to update the firmware, there's a file on the Dension website for the Gateway 500. Doesn't say what date, just says it's the latest. I'll try it.

I've used an ipod with it, but not long enough to see if it happens, so i'll do some testing, with a USB too.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

You can check firmware version installed before upgrading, can't remember how but it's fairly simple.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
You can check firmware version installed before upgrading, can't remember how but it's fairly simple.
Just checked the website and yes you can
Appreciate 0