Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-27-2024, 05:05 PM   #1
sanzifarkas
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 Heritage

Hy guys , my heritage 2020 , sound like a 2.0 gti golf…smalll quite popopopopopoooooppp…yes i know the car have opf and and and….what should I do to have a good sound? What a best option? I don't want AK47 golf atom bomb popcorn, but minimum like the 2015 f82 model. Thanks!
Like this:
https://youtu.be/RKatjwtO2W0?si=9qMx1rfNKKwYMfmb
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 08:59 PM   #2
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

MYs 2015 and 2016 (at least early build MY 2016) did not have any pops/burbles. I have an early build MY 2016 and it has absolutely no pops, bangs, burbles, etc. I’m glad because I cannot stand the obnoxious burbles and, to make things worse, flame tunes.

Your MY 2020 should have the pops and burbles (flame tunes are aftermarket ecu tuning so you pay extra to destroy your cats/engine). Are you the original owner? If not, any chance the previous owner had tuned the engine and had the burbles turned off? My recommendation is to keep your stock DPs, get an AA single-midpipe, an AA three-can muffler, or MPE muffler, and keep the pops/burbles turned off. Not only are the pops/burbles obnoxious, they sound 100% fake.

Yesterday, weren’t you looking for a replacement hood and quarter panel already painted in VB? You’re better off going to a high-end body shop and getting the parts painted and blended. Not all factory cars are painted 100% exactly the same color and, after just four years, your color may have faded enough to see the difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 02:42 AM   #3
sanzifarkas
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 Heritage

Hy!
Yeah i buy a brand new original hood and fender..and i send a best special paint company , yes I know, you need a good painter, it's hard to paint to be good! I am the second owner , car have warranty, 20,000 km, the car is completely factory, it has never been modified, I don't know what would be good, I don't want to lose the warranty, but the sound is very quiet…i have in 2015 first model , brand new and full factory , and the sound very good!😄
Appreciate 0