F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

04-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #221
ruifilipeb
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 118d F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v2.3.5 is Android 9 (and very old, latest Android 9 file is 3.8.7) , this Thread is Android 10 !

Have you followed the recovery guide ? you have to rename the zip file and also rename the thumbdrives name.
If you are still on Android 9 then use the Naming convention from Android 9 (P) , not Android Android 10 (Q)
After every successful process you need to rename the thumbdrive again and delete the dummy text file that has been created on the drive.

Kri

Iīve tryed but it keepīs on not doing nothing. And i donīt know anyone in holland that could help and check it. I donīt know the version of my android it just worked 2 weeks after i buyed the car. I didnīt understood nothing about it.Really donīt know what to do....and i donīt want to buy a new one. Itīs frustrating....
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #222
beeee83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F11 525XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruifilipeb View Post
Iīve tryed but it keepīs on not doing nothing. And i donīt know anyone in holland that could help and check it. I donīt know the version of my android it just worked 2 weeks after i buyed the car. I didnīt understood nothing about it.Really donīt know what to do....and i donīt want to buy a new one. Itīs frustrating....
I am from holland..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 09:50 AM   #223
vigorio
Rep
Drives: BMW F30, 320i

Hi to all! I found a solution for the silent bug.

Edit the line with „Android media volume“ and set it to 39 instead of 28 in factory_config.xml and then import the file in the hidden menu in settings.

No need to start and close the KsWMediaKit with Tasker.

Seems to be a bug in the r/w settings in MCU or Android.

@Kri Would you be so kind to update your gorgeous version of factory_config.xml with my setting in your repository so everyone can finally forget this bug?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 11:05 AM   #224
alessioliuzzi98
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e87

Hello, can you tell me where the file factory_config.xml is located in order to edit it? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 11:11 AM   #225
hk97f2930
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i

Hi All,

I am with 2014 F34 with NBT. The sound system using is the very basic one (not H&K, Alpine, etc.).

I am going to change to 10.25 Android 10 unit. But my main concern is the sound quality problem. I heard someone said the sound quality will be bad after changed to android unit.

Hope anyone can advise to my concern.

(p.s. I only use bluetooth for music and i want to use carplay for music after upgrade unit)

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #226
alessioliuzzi98
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk97f2930 View Post
Hi All,

I am with 2014 F34 with NBT. The sound system using is the very basic one (not H&K, Alpine, etc.).

I am going to change to 10.25 Android 10 unit. But my main concern is the sound quality problem. I heard someone said the sound quality will be bad after changed to android unit.

Hope anyone can advise to my concern.

(p.s. I only use bluetooth for music and i want to use carplay for music after upgrade unit)

Thanks!

Hello, I advice you to buy the Snapdragon 625 Unit because the sound quality is better than others, it's like the standard bmw radio quality
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #227
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigorio View Post

Edit the line with „Android media volume“ and set it to 39 instead of 28 in factory_config.xml and then import the file in the hidden menu in settings.

@Kri Would you be so kind to update your gorgeous version of factory_config.xml with my setting in your repository so everyone can finally forget this bug?
Please note i`not the owner of the mega share, i only can upload a new version here attached to a Post (like every other also can do )
You are shure you used my translated xml file ? the Setting at mine is at 26 not 28.

also i don`t know if its good idea to post a file where AUX is nearly at MAX by default, at least on my E-Series with a setting over 35 the sound does become bad!
Not that more people are then complaining about Sound quality issues again

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #228
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:

I tried it, unfortunately it didn't work on my unit, but I'm on Android 9 still, so maybe other users can try on their 10 units and verify?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 09:07 PM   #229
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

I posted on April 5 that I was installing Netflix version 6.26.1 on my Avin Android 10 unit and that I would report back.

Well it's two days later, and surprise, boot-loop! And this was after the unit had no boot-loops for over a month without Netflix installed.

The unit runs fine and indefinitely without it. So until someone has a fix or more concrete evidence that another version works fine on these units, I will be doing without Netflix unfortunately.
Appreciate 2
Kri1083.50
      04-08-2020, 01:07 AM   #230
Slepoipew
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E83

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a10...3d073e5f0GEQYd
Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.4.1-ota.zip
NOT TESTED - maybe for MB only

Last edited by Slepoipew; 04-08-2020 at 01:16 AM..
Appreciate 3
Kri1083.50
Stainy265.00
      04-08-2020, 01:11 AM   #231
Slepoipew
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Not working... (Android 10)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 03:13 AM   #232
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slepoipew View Post
Please dont install this until Kri analyze the update.
The OEM file inside that folder indicates that this update might be only for Mercedes. Selectable UI's and DisplayParameters shows no sign of BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 03:53 AM   #233
vigorio
Rep
Drives: BMW F30, 320i

Quote:
Not working... (Android 10)
Seems like it works, but only for me... I have a unit from Andream / LZH vendor. A friend of mine has an e90 with ccc and GS Vendor. It really doesn't work for GS. Sorry for that.

BTW, recently my unit started to live its own life. Sometimes tasker works properly, sometimes not. Sometimes I can access the SD Card in it, sometimes not. Sometimes the TPMS works as expected, sometimes the tpms app starts on its own before even the car launcher starts normally. My device is rooted.

The whole unit is not really worth of 400 Euros. There are "simple" things to manage: clear sound, good bluetooth with support of everything like Android does, good wifi with 1 button tethering, nice gps with decent gps-receiver and thats it in common. All these things are well done in an 100 Euro low end Samsung. 400 Euro is enough to do things properly. The only reason I have the unit is because of navigation. My f30 has a lowest end basic entry hu with 6,5 screen. The only extra is oem bluetooth. I also had to install the new set of Audiosystem loudspeakers because the oem loudspeakers were so bad I couldn't stand it.

@Kri I had your translated version since you have posted it here. Looks like an input mistake of mine. BTW the "0" solution for the password is just great.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 03:54 AM   #234
Slepoipew
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
The OEM file inside that folder indicates that this update might be only for Mercedes. Selectable UI's and DisplayParameters shows no sign of BMW.
No problem, working.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 04:13 AM   #235
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
No problem, working.
So you already updated it and it does run ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
i`ll do a check when i`m home from work again.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 04:18 AM   #236
Slepoipew
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
So you already updated it and it does run ?

Kri
Yes

OEM by Kri :прохладно!:
Attached Images

Last edited by Slepoipew; 04-08-2020 at 06:38 AM..
Appreciate 2
Kri1083.50
      04-08-2020, 04:26 AM   #237
foxi_brown
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Hi Guys,

any idea how to start tasker faster after boot? In my case it needs at least 20 seconds after the HU is up (GUI) until my tasker profiles are accessible? Is there any chance to give tasker a higher priority during boot?

BR
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 06:45 AM   #238
hk97f2930
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessioliuzzi98 View Post
Hello, I advice you to buy the Snapdragon 625 Unit because the sound quality is better than others, it's like the standard bmw radio quality
May i know how the bluetooth music work:-

original: phone via BT > car idrive machine > speaker
Android: phone via BT > android via AUX> car idrive machine > speaker

Is it correct?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 07:28 AM   #239
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Quote:
Yes

OEM by Kri :прохладно!:
Can you see any visible changes on the first look?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #240
foo2002
Private
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 30D

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom456 View Post
Good morning all
I have been following this forum for some time, I am learning a great deal, even if my English is not great.
Fortunately there is google translation.
i got my new avinusa 10.25P android 10
in the system parameters I clicked on avin_avn8 and I have the whole presentation page which has changed
I would like to go back to the origin, but I don't know how to do it
sorry for my english
before I had image 1 and now I have image 2
Use Factory_Config.xml from HERE, and you will have all available GUI`s.
Avin`s gui should be 4th or 5th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20 View Post
Hey guys, Been following this thread since the beginning.. At this stage has anyone found any real reason to move to Android 10? Id love to upgrade but my config on 9 is working flawless..

I spend 99.9% of my time in Apple Carplay and Id hate to mess anything up by upgrading until we see a real reason outside of being on the latest and greatest..

I would love to have carplay use idrive in the right direction but I know thats the adaptor itself that needs an update.
Beside newer security update level (but still outdated) there is no benefit at the moment for Android 10.

Kri
Y try to do the update from this post of @kri without any lucky.

My unit is an Avin Snapdragon Android 10 v1.3.0

I want to add more UI config options! Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 11:57 AM   #241
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
I checked the update in comparison to 1.3.0, this version 1.4.1 is from 7th April 2020.

As this update is coming form Mercedes Unit for sure most changes have been made for Mercedes GUI, but also some changes for our units.

Code:
ro.build.display.id=Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.4.1
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.zlx.20200407.101557
ro.system.build.date=Tue Apr  7 10:13:58 CST 2020
ro.system.build.fingerprint=qti/msm8953_64/msm8953_64:10/QKQ1.191008.001/zlx04071013:userdebug/test-keys
* Feature: Settings F_CAM , does add a Front Camera App icon, but does not start ?
* Feature: ZLINK , does automatically enable Wireless Hotspot on start for Wireless Carplay
* Feature: Lots of updates to Benz GUI
* Feature: When Bluetooth is now disabled at Settings, the Connection tile does now has also a text "closed" to show that it is disabled.
* Feature: Bluetooth Phone Callback Feature at ID7 GUI implemented ? new code found.
* Update: Audio Drivers, changes/fixes unknown
* Update: Tile Pictures of GS ID6 Gui have been shrinked to save memory.
* Update: changes to Music/Video player app, USB Update Feature and Scanning function ? Better Idrive Support ? (i don`t use it)
* Update: Carplayzlink.apk updated
* Update: ECARSOS and TXZcore have been updated, but afaik only useful for china user
* Update: USB-HOST Modus function seems to have been removed from application code, however the function is still listed at the factory settings screen.

My unit is not installed at the moment, so i can`t test all the features at the moment, maybe someone else can do a deeper check based on this information

Maybe someone with Integrated Wireless Carplay can give information what application is startet when using Carplay.
As the external sold Dongle is from Autokit, it would be interesting if the built in is also Autokit or ZLINK.

Name:  settings.png
Views: 3710
Size:  124.9 KB

I also Updated the Factory_config.xml

*Feature: ZLINK Auto Start String (set to 0)
*Feature: added Flitsmeister to supported navigation apps

factory_config_A10_141.zip

Kri
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #242
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo2002 View Post
Y try to do the update from this post of @kri without any lucky.

My unit is an Avin Snapdragon Android 10 v1.3.0

I want to add more UI config options! Thanks in advance
When importing the file is success full a "import config sucessful!" message should appear, if not something is wrong with your thumbdrive.

* Ensure it is formatted at FAT32
* Ensure it is accessible via ES-Explorer
* Ensure it is at the sub folder \OEM of the thumbdrive.

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 04-08-2020 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0