European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Sponsors Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

08-24-2020, 12:43 PM   #155
MyFragileHalogen
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYACTIVE View Post
Obviously you are a Hater of AA, every post you make is always criticism, your last one was our lack of response in customer service, I addressed that. Now you are jumping on the EL sound, did you even purchase one ? Do you even like any of the AA EL combos that you heard ? What exhaust combo do you have ? I will try my best to get a sound clip of the EL with your combo. I guess you are not happy with your set up, that's why you are on this thread looking for another option, or do you have an alternate motive ? Why say people are ordering it without even hearing it, we made several videos that's why people are interested. Maybe you ordered your set up without hearing it, so i guess you made the same mistake.
Oh wow. Excuse me. I am not a hater and there was zero ulterior motive to bring you guys down. I was only sharing my observations, as a constructive criticism. I somewhat lack political skills to express in nicely roundabout ways, but I didn't mean it to be taken it such way.
For example how you and few affiliated vendors who got exclusive access of the resonated EL pipes never posted any or enough videos- lots of people seem not very happy about the lack of transparency and it brought lots of speculations. Also for initial remark about lack of email response, I wasn't really upset about it but just felt it worth pointing out. Somewhat lots of people jumped onto it that showed there were quite a bit of delay in that.
I appreciated how your company has been supporting this forum and obviously provides far far better support than the TGM or Valvetronics. I think people just needed more information and everyone would understand that this is a difficult time in pandemic and you are doing your best to meet customer's expectation. I have owned your products since F30 days and I personally appreciate the improvement the non-resonated EL mid pipe brought.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3949.00
      08-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #156
Stronie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80M3 Comp. 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorstein View Post
I'm just chiming in...

It's obvious you can't post every possible application and/or combination But, If you have it available,
could you post a clip of the AA EL Mid pipe on a stock ZCP with a stock ZCP exhaust?

Cheers!

P.S.: If it's already been posted, could you please re-direct me to the link?
This exactly. Res and Non-Res versions. Then I'm very excited to order...Let's do this already.
2017 Atlantis Metallic F80 | Silverstone Interior | 6MT | CF Mirror Covers | CF Front Splitters | CF M Diffusor | CF M-Performance Spoiler | RKP IND Side Skirt Extensions | IND Paint matched Reflectors | KW HAS Springs | Instagram: Atlantis_S55
Appreciate 2
      08-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #157
ONLYACTIVE
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: RAPTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFragileHalogen View Post
Oh wow. Excuse me. I am not a hater and there was zero ulterior motive to bring you guys down. I was only sharing my observations, as a constructive criticism. I somewhat lack political skills to express in nicely roundabout ways, but I didn't mean it to be taken it such way.
For example how you and few affiliated vendors who got exclusive access of the resonated EL pipes never posted any or enough videos- lots of people seem not very happy about the lack of transparency and it brought lots of speculations. Also for initial remark about lack of email response, I wasn't really upset about it but just felt it worth pointing out. Somewhat lots of people jumped onto it that showed there were quite a bit of delay in that.
I appreciated how your company has been supporting this forum and obviously provides far far better support than the TGM or Valvetronics. I think people just needed more information and everyone would understand that this is a difficult time in pandemic and you are doing your best to meet customer's expectation. I have owned your products since F30 days and I personally appreciate the improvement the non-resonated EL mid pipe brought.
So you do have our EL Mid Pipe, have you posted any videos with a sound clip ? Please do so if you have not. I only had a few available for vendors and gave them to Auto Talent and X-PH on the promise to post videos, they have done so and X-PH has mentioned that they have a new one coming. Please check with Auto Talent as they posted quite a bit of videos. Unfortunately I can't force people to post videos, I can only hope. We have a new video coming out soon with totally stock OEM DP and rear with EL mid and resonated. So super smooth and quiet, maybe not for everyone but absolutely no rasp, no drone and no farty sound. Does not sound like an S55, drove it to a meet this weekend for 1500 people to hear, so not hiding anything. This is the most conservative combo and after 600 miles of driving I found it perfect to my taste. Majority of people liked it, a few said it was too quiet, many could not believe it was an S55. The great thing is you can always get loud, but more difficult to get quiet. Look out for the video today or tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5512.00
      08-24-2020, 04:30 PM   #158
Jamongkad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 F87

Quote:
So you do have our EL Mid Pipe, have you posted any videos with a sound clip ? Please do so if you have not. I only had a few available for vendors and gave them to Auto Talent and X-PH on the promise to post videos, they have done so and X-PH has mentioned that they have a new one coming. Please check with Auto Talent as they posted quite a bit of videos. Unfortunately I can't force people to post videos, I can only hope. We have a new video coming out soon with totally stock OEM DP and rear with EL mid and resonated. So super smooth and quiet, maybe not for everyone but absolutely no rasp, no drone and no farty sound. Does not sound like an S55, drove it to a meet this weekend for 1500 people to hear, so not hiding anything. This is the most conservative combo and after 600 miles of driving I found it perfect to my taste. Majority of people liked it, a few said it was too quiet, many could not believe it was an S55. The great thing is you can always get loud, but more difficult to get quiet. Look out for the video today or tomorrow.
Oohhh I can't wait for the vid with stock DP and rear with the resonated EL mid! Super excited to hear it
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2020, 08:36 PM   #159
MyFragileHalogen
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 6MT

Quote:
I do have several videos posted here and there. It sounds pretty satisfying at race track. But for non resonated midpipe + MPE setup as mine, we've got plenty of videos posted by several forum members already.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3949.00
      08-25-2020, 01:04 AM   #160
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
I do have several videos posted here and there. It sounds pretty satisfying at race track. But for non resonated midpipe + MPE setup as mine, we've got plenty of videos posted by several forum members already.
Agreed, that's why I jokingly said "now send me resonated pipes" to Active and Mike, I'd do videos for people who are on the fence, no such luck, bet AA hasn't even seen my vid if they don't know about yours

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 2
      08-25-2020, 01:37 AM   #161
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Jesus duck, this whole thing is chaos. Company accusing their own customer of being a hater of their products.
Kilabyte3949.00
      08-25-2020, 04:15 AM   #162
shaddy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Still waiting for a good video with stock DP/rear and non-resonated EL midpipe The resonated clip is still appreciated though!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 05:56 AM   #163
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

As someone from the outside looking in (I have not purchased one), I think a constructive way to direct this conversation would be to consolidate any and all exhaust clips into 1 thread. Calling all AA EL mid owners - vendors and customers. Mike is probably the most active forum vendor on here. PM him or reply to this thread with your exhaust videos and have him place it in the first post. Indicate what combination of parts you have including downpipes, which version mid, and which muffler, and we can start building some kind of reference thread.

It was a little easier for me with the TGM system since it's a full cat back, but everyone more or less posted their videos under my thread, so hearing it was more accessible. How about AA, X-PH, and Autotalent collaborate and compile any exhaust clips from wherever the hell they all are (Youtube, Instagram, etc.) and placing them on the first post along with the description of the full exhaust combination? At the very least, it would add substance to the original post advertising a product meant for sound. Just a thought of how to move this forward.
      08-25-2020, 10:25 AM   #164
ONLYACTIVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Agreed, that's why I jokingly said "now send me resonated pipes" to Active and Mike, I'd do videos for people who are on the fence, no such luck, bet AA hasn't even seen my vid if they don't know about yours
We have seen your video, just getting request from everyone that there is a lack of sound clips out there. We do appreciate your video, but people apparently want to hear more options. I don't even have resonated pipes to sell you if you wanted at this time, just trying to get the orders out asap. Maybe you post it again for those who missed it, if you don't mind. Thank You.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 10:35 AM   #165
ONLYACTIVE
Rep

Quote:
Do you mind posting it again, many people are asking for this set up, it would be greatly appreciated ? I believe you have OEM DP's right ? Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #166
Whyte_Diamonds
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Mike, and AA. As stated above, can someone with sound clips kick off a new thread dedicated to the EQL and setups they have? I think this would be super helpful.
M Performance / Active Autowerke / RKP Carbon Fiber / Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber / PSM Dynamics Carbon Fiber / DINAN Stage 3 / Evolution of Speed / Evolution Racewerks / Wagner Tuning / Supreme Power / IND Distribution
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #167
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte_Diamonds View Post
Mike, and AA. As stated above, can someone with sound clips kick off a new thread dedicated to the EQL and setups they have? I think this would be super helpful.
Im not sure we need a new thread, I will be updating this thread's first post with videos as they are posted.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2020, 11:04 AM   #168
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Active Autowerke Equal Length Midpipe BMW M4 With REMUS Exhaust & Resonated (Aggressive Burbles)

It completely changes the sound of the S55. I will be posting a professionally shot video soon, hopefully it picks up the sound better than my phone.

Appreciate 2
      08-25-2020, 11:05 AM   #169
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Hey guys I got a new video for you. This is our El Mid pipe resonated with stock downpipes and stock rear exhaust. I'd recommend this setup for anyone looking to change the tone of their s55 without increasing volume to much.

Last edited by SflBimmer8484; 08-25-2020 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 5
      08-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #170
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
As someone from the outside looking in (I have not purchased one), I think a constructive way to direct this conversation would be to consolidate any and all exhaust clips into 1 thread. Calling all AA EL mid owners - vendors and customers. Mike is probably the most active forum vendor on here. PM him or reply to this thread with your exhaust videos and have him place it in the first post. Indicate what combination of parts you have including downpipes, which version mid, and which muffler, and we can start building some kind of reference thread.

It was a little easier for me with the TGM system since it's a full cat back, but everyone more or less posted their videos under my thread, so hearing it was more accessible. How about AA, X-PH, and Autotalent collaborate and compile any exhaust clips from wherever the hell they all are (Youtube, Instagram, etc.) and placing them on the first post along with the description of the full exhaust combination? At the very least, it would add substance to the original post advertising a product meant for sound. Just a thought of how to move this forward.
Good idea

I'm going to update the first post every with the different setups as they are posted.

Everyone,
Please post your videos on this thread and I will update the first post

This product has not even been released officially, once Active start shipping these exhausts next week we will have a lot more videos with different setups.

At this time, we are working with what we got.

Appreciate 1
      08-25-2020, 12:26 PM   #171
DriverDaily
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
This is our El Mid pipe resonated with stock downpipes and stock rear exhaust. I'd recommend this setup for anyone looking to change the tone of their s55 without increasing volume to much.
This sounds like classic BMW. I hope the M2C with the resonated midpipe is similar.
      08-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #172
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Trabant

Quote:
Hey guys I got a new video for you. This is our El Mid pipe resonated with stock downpipes and stock rear exhaust. I'd recommend this setup for anyone looking to change the tone of their s55 without increasing volume to much.

Can't see the video. Please post links also.

"ZCP"??

08-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #173
ONLYACTIVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverDaily View Post
This sounds like classic BMW. I hope the M2C with the resonated midpipe is similar.
We actually have an M2C coming in Thursday to test the resonated, he has a video on the M2C thread with non res EL Mid Pipe. So stay tuned as he post a new video with the resonated pipes.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 01:21 PM   #174
k9lovr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 and 22' X3M40i

Quote:

Cant wait for mine to arrive...thank you for posting!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 01:52 PM   #175
coxxoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 CP

Quote:
Thanks for posting the video! It’s what I was looking for (previously mentioned Laguna Seca special). This will probably work on tracks with noise restrictions and passes my no rasp sound test. I’ll be calling to order as the site says sold out.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 02:42 PM   #176
coxxoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 CP

Quick feedback for others. The AA mid pipes are sold out, but they are taking orders on the second run expected sometime in October. Calling was easy.
Appreciate 0