F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 2013 335i Fuel Pressure
proTUNING Freaks

04-03-2024, 11:08 AM   #1
gabefayed
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i RWD

2013 335i Fuel Pressure

Hello,

I have a 2013 335i RWD. Listed below are the mods:
CP/Catless DP/Intercooler VRSF
Dorch Stage 1 HPFP
Spool Stage 2 LPFP
CTS Intake

Here's the datalog on startup:
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=65fd...c1ed1705a7af3d

I'm getting codes:
11AC02
11A002
11A401
11B401

You'll see in the datalog, HPFP targets and actuals fall off a few moments after starting the car, and the car is put into limp mode.

If I disable the codes in BM3, I'm able to start the car and drive perfect without it being in limp mode. Sometimes, limp mode will reoccur - then I just restart the car and it goes away.

I've heard things about the EKPM and the issues it's presenting with the Spool Stage 2 LPFP due to extra current draw. I've removed the backseat that covers the EKPM to see if there's an issue regarding overheating. I haven't noticed a difference, even on cold days with the seat off.

It can't be the HPFP, as the HPFP works perfectly at times, and from what Dorch has told me, the HPFP cannot fail intermittently.

Any pointers?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 12:00 PM   #2
NEWTRON
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabefayed View Post
Hello,

I have a 2013 335i RWD. Listed below are the mods:
CP/Catless DP/Intercooler VRSF
Dorch Stage 1 HPFP
Spool Stage 2 LPFP
CTS Intake

Here's the datalog on startup:
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=65fd...c1ed1705a7af3d

I'm getting codes:
11AC02
11A002
11A401
11B401

You'll see in the datalog, HPFP targets and actuals fall off a few moments after starting the car, and the car is put into limp mode.

If I disable the codes in BM3, I'm able to start the car and drive perfect without it being in limp mode. Sometimes, limp mode will reoccur - then I just restart the car and it goes away.

I've heard things about the EKPM and the issues it's presenting with the Spool Stage 2 LPFP due to extra current draw. I've removed the backseat that covers the EKPM to see if there's an issue regarding overheating. I haven't noticed a difference, even on cold days with the seat off.

It can't be the HPFP, as the HPFP works perfectly at times, and from what Dorch has told me, the HPFP cannot fail intermittently.

Any pointers?
The issues is not overheating. Overheating is a symptom of too much current draw. Removing the seat cover is not doing anything. The only real solution is to upgrade the EKPM or swap to a 535 based pump like the PR 2.5.
VRSF RACE IC, FTP CP, VRSF CATLESS DP, BORLA ATAK CATBACK, CTS TURBO INTAKE, MST V2 INLET, PURE STAGE 2, TURBOSMART BOV,FTP TURBO OUTLET, SPOOL FX180, BM3 ETHANOL ANALYZER, PRECISION RACEWORKS COILS, BM3 STAGE 2+ E30
Appreciate 0