F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Touch remote not working after retrofit ?
Studio RSR

11-24-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
TeaAndBiscuits
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325D F30 M SPORT

Touch remote not working after retrofit ?

Hey folks, I purchased a touch controller to fit to my F30 (2013) saloon it has NBT Professional as standard, I realise I need a touch ECU for the touch part to function however was under the impression that the controller would still work just without touch function if you had KCAN2 wires there, which I did not, so I wired them KCAN2 wires from the back of the NBT quad lock, and now the controller lights up, but is not responsive to anything at all.

I have the ECU but the Y Cable is not coming til early next week so can't fit that yet. Should the controller still be working though?!

I coded all the touch functions in esys, and changed date to 0713

Any ideas??
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaAndBiscuits View Post
Hey folks, I purchased a touch controller to fit to my F30 (2013) saloon it has NBT Professional as standard, I realise I need a touch ECU for the touch part to function however was under the impression that the controller would still work just without touch function if you had KCAN2 wires there, which I did not, so I wired them KCAN2 wires from the back of the NBT quad lock, and now the controller lights up, but is not responsive to anything at all.

I have the ECU but the Y Cable is not coming til early next week so can't fit that yet. Should the controller still be working though?!

I coded all the touch functions in esys, and changed date to 0713

Any ideas??
Given that l had kcan2 wires my controller worked even before l made the y cable for the TBX module, actually even before the nbt retrofit because l wanted to try just for fun, did you double check your wiring?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #3
TeaAndBiscuits
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325D F30 M SPORT

hmmm, it didn't light up before I added the KCAN2 wires, I'll double check them but can't see what I have done wrong...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 08:56 PM   #4
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaAndBiscuits View Post
hmmm, it didn't light up before I added the KCAN2 wires, I'll double check them but can't see what I have done wrong...
l saw that you coded it, so it was recognized in esys l believe it's zbe3 correct?
Appreciate 0