BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Does the orange interior accent look bad with white car?

I can't decide whether I would be able to tolerate a white car with an interior that has orange stitching all over the place. I think I prefer a white car, but not with the orange on the inside, but I'm hesitant to buy it without being able to choose a more subdued interior. You're almost forced to buy the orange car to match the interior, as I believe that there is not an option to delete the orange stitching. Anyone been told that they could get black stitching? I also hate the alcantara on the instrument panel and above the glove box. It will be almost impossible to keep clean.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

I already saw the white one 2 times in real and when i spent a few minutes in the interior i noticed that the orange stitching was really anoying me! I've already ordered mine in AW but now i've seen it i am gona change to black or orange exterior. The interior doesn't match up with the white exterior at all.
A pity! With white stitchings it would have been perfect!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
EA51 LAY
Ex-Blighty
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 MINI JCW, AW 1M Enroute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Power79 View Post
I already saw the white one 2 times in real and when i spent a few minutes in the interior i noticed that the orange stitching was really anoying me! I've already ordered mine in AW but now i've seen it i am gona change to black or orange exterior. The interior doesn't match up with the white exterior at all.
A pity! With white stitchings it would have been perfect!
Did you negotiate a discount with your boss or is it full jam?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

I have been thinking exactly the same thing.

Think it may have to be BSM. Definitely not VO, too much chameleon effect going on.

AW was my odds on until I saw it in the Brussels pics. AW without the stitching but not with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

Not sure this is really a problem.

Once you are seated inside a car, you can hardly see any of the external body parts, hence colors.

So if you're sitting in a black interior with orange stitching, don't think anyone's going to say "hmm, this stitching of your car doesn't fit with it's body color!"

I had the same thoughts when ordering a Montego blue 335i, with coral red interior.
But when you're outside the car, you don't really notice the interior (because even standard windows are somewhat tinted), and inside the car, as said before, you don't see the exterior color.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
EA51 LAY
Ex-Blighty
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 MINI JCW, AW 1M Enroute

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
I have been thinking exactly the same thing.

Think it may have to be BSM. Definitely not VO, too much chameleon effect going on.

AW was my odds on until I saw it in the Brussels pics. AW without the stitching but not with it.
Good point, I had been visualising walking upto my new car and opening the door + I must agree alcantara, black with BSM is probably the best overall combination!

I'm just nervous the black will hide the lines of the front end too much!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #7
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA51 LAY View Post
.....I'm just nervous the black will hide the lines of the front end too much!!!
Me too which is why I have never had a black car through choice. Blue would have been my choice but there you have it. Obviously want us to buy the Orange.

Mark.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
PcM3
Rep
Drives: 2012 Bmw 1M Soon To Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
Not sure this is really a problem.

Once you are seated inside a car, you can hardly see any of the external body parts, hence colors.

So if you're sitting in a black interior with orange stitching, don't think anyone's going to say "hmm, this stitching of your car doesn't fit with it's body color!"

I had the same thoughts when ordering a Montego blue 335i, with coral red interior.
But when you're outside the car, you don't really notice the interior (because even standard windows are somewhat tinted), and inside the car, as said before, you don't see the exterior color.
I Agree with you 100% I don't see a problem with it personally I love the orange stitching on any of the 3 colors, I also agree you don't really see the outside of the car when your in it maybe the hood of the car, I love the montego blue with coral red interior people think Im crazy but I said the exact same thing you did.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Black and white are "neutral" colors, so I don't see any problems with the orange stitching.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
Black and white are "neutral" colors, so I don't see any problems with the orange stitching.
+1, it is subtle and should look fine.

If it bothers you, get a black marker and just black the threads out! LOL
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m aw (kwv3) meisterschaf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshanny View Post
I can't decide whether I would be able to tolerate a white car with an interior that has orange stitching all over the place. I think I prefer a white car, but not with the orange on the inside, but I'm hesitant to buy it without being able to choose a more subdued interior. You're almost forced to buy the orange car to match the interior, as I believe that there is not an option to delete the orange stitching. Anyone been told that they could get black stitching? I also hate the alcantara on the instrument panel and above the glove box. It will be almost impossible to keep clean.
White is a nutral color!! I think it looks perfect with the orande stitching.. mine is AW and I cant wait to drive it.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #12
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Alpine white with tinted windows. I don't see a orange stitching problem.

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Forgestar%20Wheels/135white_4.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #13
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Seen it in AW and it looks ok!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #14
skyphab
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: MK5 GTI --> Cayman R (skip 1M)

I don't see any problem with the orange stitching and the black or white color.
Perhaps also a reason they decided to give it just that 3 colors. Blue with orange stitching? Hell no!!